What paints do you use?

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
griffin
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

What paints do you use?

Post by griffin »

I couldn't find where to post this question in the forum, I apologize if this is the wrong spot. It just seems to be where most people talk about there art work.

What kind of paints are you guys using to finish your art work. Specifically like the antique bronze looking paints. And where can I get them? Any help is appreciated. I have been doing automotive painting for nearly 20 years, but this is a new game for me.

Thanks for your help,
Scott
WTFChuck
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: What paints do you use?

Post by WTFChuck »

Scott,
I am an custom automotive/Motorcycle painter, and I have been airbrushing alot of my stuff. I have had my paint supply place mix up some custom "rusted/antique" look. I don't know if that is what you are looking for, but I hope it will help.I know ALOT of people like to Powdercaot stuff, I dont like to powdercoat as much, cause you have NO control like liquid paint. AutoAir airbrush paints might work for you aswell.
I am a DIE HARD PPG fan myself.
Have a GREAT holiday!
WTFChuck
WTFChuck
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by WTFChuck »

I will post some pics of what I have done SOON!
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Scratch »

I use alot of Rustoleums "Hammered" line of paint. It's very durable. That and the patinas from Sculpt Nouveau.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
griffin
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by griffin »

Thanks for all the replys. All the help is very apprectiated.

Scott
Ironman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Ironman »

For detailed art I do airbrush work. For bigger signs and fence I use a black rust paint with the option of going 2 part epoxy paint.
For a golden rust I dump it in hydrochloric acid and when it has a light rust coat , dry and hit it with clearcoat.

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”