burn finish

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
cncer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

burn finish

Post by cncer »

[Im having a problem keeping the color in some of the burns that I try doing. The color shows up real well till I put a clear coat on it and it only happens to some pieces.......Does it help to have neutral or oxidizing flame when you heat it. Its frustrating me. Ill attach some pics.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

tjsmetalart
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: burn finish

Post by tjsmetalart »

Heat your parts on the back side go slow and let the color develop by the time you see the color you want its to hot and it will fade away after you pull the heat off you lose color when your pieces get to hot I try to do 3-4 at a time heat till you see a brown or gold and get off and let it develop then add a little and pull off if you heat the side your looking at it will be a dull color when you clear coat. if you have small parts pop them in the oven set at 350 you can do lots of small parts at a time make sure there clean no finger prints I use a old oven with racks to hang pieces on to speed things up. hope this helps

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”