Spray paint/rattle can

Learn and share top coat finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here. Paint, anodize, rubber coating, etc.
natewelding
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Spray paint/rattle can

Post by natewelding »

This may be a dumb question, but does anyone sell their art with just spray/rattle can colors on it? If so, do you find that it lasts, or does it end up rusting after awhile? IE, rustoleum.
bhamer62
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Spray paint/rattle can

Post by bhamer62 »

I occasionally use a rattle can for a one off or proto-type or a free-bee gift. What works best for me is to acetone it real good, then go to an auto parts store and grab some Duplex automotive primer and Duplex automotive rattle can of paint. Then top with Duplex automotive clear primer rattle can. Most of the colors are automotive metallic. Second choice is to substitute another paint , but still prime and clear with Duplex
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Spray paint/rattle can

Post by abmetal »

I use a lot of Rust Oleum paints on our artsy stuff. Our local Menards store has the largest selection of paint I've ever seen. Besides the normal colors, they have textured, hammered, satins, glitter, and much more. When we paint something that's going to be in the weather, I run it over to a friend's body shop and they shoot Dupont automotive clearcoat on it when they're clearcoating. We make something for them occasionally and they, in return, do our clearcoating....good marriage.

Allen

Return to “Paint & Other Top Coats”