powder oven uses

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
fergy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

powder oven uses

Post by fergy »

just wondering if anyone has done a roast pig/lamb in there oven or used for drying meats etc :?:
plain ol Bill
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: powder oven uses

Post by plain ol Bill »

Haven't done any meat but I know mine will do a bunch of apple pies at the same time :D
plain ol Bill
Hypertherm 1250
Duramax machine torch
Corel Draw X6
Sheetcam
Mach3
5 x 10 self built table
Lots of ineptitude
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by Oldsarge »

You know, I I've had several people who have asked me the same question...... Just don't know if I'd like the chemical taste of polyester resins in my food! Lol, no, once you pc in any oven food is not supposed to be cooked in them anymore.... From the feedback though, there's a LOT of interest in a smoker this size....

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
fergy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by fergy »

yeah that was my thoughts on a smoker that big just wondering if any one has used one would be an awesome catering oven though
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

The fumes and residue's from powder coating are toxic. You should never prepare food with the same oven you powdercoat with.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
conradestrada
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by conradestrada »

once a year we remove all of the defuser panels and scrape the floor wipe it down and just so happens to coinside with hunting season. we make most of our deer and elk into jerky 3 hours at 150 run it up to 400 and leave it over nite comes out perfect. Have been doing it since 1994 oven is 8X8X20 haven't had anyone die yet!

Return to “Powder Coat”