Powder Coat Gun

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
sodfarmer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Powder Coat Gun

Post by sodfarmer »

Just bought a Spectracoat powder coating gun from powderbythepound. What a night and day difference from the Eastwood version. The Eastwood was ok for starting out, but no comparision to the new gun. I would recommend it to anyone looking to upgrade. Definitely worth the investment.

John
muzza
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Powder Coat Gun

Post by muzza »

Which model did you go for?
I have been looking at their setups, probably an ES02 or ES03
Murray
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

I have the ES02/wave and love it.

Dawg
sodfarmer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by sodfarmer »

I bought the ESO2/wave also and love it.
Copp3r
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Copp3r »

Interesting to read your comments. Earlier this year I purchased my second gun from Eastwood and it was working fine. Perhaps its just me but something isn't quite right, the adhesion of the powder isn't the same.

...so... I bought one of the higher end Powder Buy the Pound guns but have yet to try it out. I'm hoping for the best considering the money I will have expended.

Stay tuned !

Copp3r / roger
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Post by Gamelord »

I have been looking into one of these guns, I currently have the Eastwood one and was wondering just what makes them so different - at least different enough to go and spend another couple hundred dollars on changing.

What are the pros/cons, what makes the PBTP version so much of an improvement that I need to crack my wallet open for? :) Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
sodfarmer
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by sodfarmer »

I know that it gives me a more consistent finish. The thickness of the powder coat is pretty much the same throughout the parts. I can use the veins such as silver vein and get the same finish over my parts. I had the same thing happen to me as Copp3r with my Eastwood gun, I couldn't get the powder to stick for nothing. So I got mad, broke down and bought the PBTP gun, hoping that it was all that it was cracked up to be. I need to spend a little more time with it and get it really dialed in. Hopefully after the Christmas rush. When I told my wife what it cost, she kind of frowned until she seen the difference in the parts. I still consider myself a novice when it comes to powder coating, I can't hold a candle to some of the stuff people show on here. Also I feel that its a more industrial, the way its built and works. Just my 2 cents.

John

Return to “Powder Coat”