Differences in result

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
kalooki
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Differences in result

Post by kalooki »

Hi everyone,

I have a question if anybody would lend some advice. I am looking for a very specific type of powder coat. In the attached picture, the two bottles have different coatings. The one on the left is a soft, matte, finish, and the one on the right is a hard, glossy finish. The two are very different experiences. I’m looking for the one on the left. It is almost soft to the touch. Does anybody know what type this is/ what creates this result? Any wisdom on the topic??

Anything is really appreciated.
Thank you!
imageedit_1_7111217818.jpg
-Ben

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Differences in result

Post by cuttinparts »

I am not positive but if it is soft to the touch I doubt that it is powder coat. It could be PlastiDip https://plastidip.com/our-products/plasti-dip/ which is avialable in a good old rattle can. It sprays on, soft and rubbery to touch, and can be removed by peeling it off. Have used it on many projects in the past.
Tautog13
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Tautog13 »

Could be a heat shrink tube?
Like fishing rod heat shrink grip?
J-SIG
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by J-SIG »

kalooki wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:15 pm Hi everyone,

I have a question if anybody would lend some advice. I am looking for a very specific type of powder coat. In the attached picture, the two bottles have different coatings. The one on the left is a soft, matte, finish, and the one on the right is a hard, glossy finish. The two are very different experiences. I’m looking for the one on the left. It is almost soft to the touch. Does anybody know what type this is/ what creates this result? Any wisdom on the topic??

Anything is really appreciated.
Thank you!
imageedit_1_7111217818.jpg
-Ben
They do make a "Rubberized powder coat" I think it is "Columbia Coatings" not sure! Do a google search, if I get the chance I will look for you! I deal with 4-6 companies for powder, so I'm not sure where I saw it! I'll have to check!

Jeff
Jeff S.
J-SIG Manufacturing

Return to “Powder Coat”