Oven size choices

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
Scott F.
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Oven size choices

Post by Scott F. »

Hello,
I want to start an oven build soon but I can’t decide on the size. The first and most simple option would be to build a 48 x 48 square oven x 84 tall with interior dimensions of 44.5 deep x 43.5 wide x 80.5 tall. (3.5 thick walls) The second possible size that I’m considering is an oven 72 long x 48 wide x 72 tall. Interior dimensions would be 66 deep x 36 wide x 66 tall. (6” thick walls) I’m thinking it might be better to have an oven that is closer to the cutting width of my 5 foot plasma table. This would give me the ability cut and paint larger signs. The power is available for either size oven. Single and 3 phase 230 volt. I would appreciate any advice in regards to the oven.

Thanks,

Scott
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Oven size choices

Post by Gamelord »

Oven size only has to do with what the largest piece you plan on putting into it. If it fits, it cooks. :) that being said, the shape of the oven needs to be such that it is easy for you to put pieces into and take out of. Putting pieces in requires you to carefully insert them without touching them or knocking off the powder. (assuming you are powder coating). Removing them requires you to be able to remove the 400+ degree pieces without touching them and burning yourself or maring the surface.

Hope that helps.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
Scott F.
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Oven size choices

Post by Scott F. »

I've finally decided to go with an interior dimension of 36” wide x 66” long x 72” tall. I'll also have 6" thick walls. Can someone help me calculate the required watts?

Thank you,
Scott

Return to “Powder Coat”