Powder coating basic questions

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
gamble
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Powder coating basic questions

Post by gamble »

Got me a eastwood dual voltage powder coating gun. Feels cheap as shit and I hate how the wire goes around the back of the handle that you hold, the HF one I have now feels better. Anywho. Are there any mods that should be done to this thing to make it better?
I saw some deflectors on ebay, didn't know if they are worth it or not.
Also is there any reason I should hold onto the HF gun or just sell it ? Maybe just keep one color in that one?

Also a lot of my work is cans with bungs and such. I have a hard time getting powder around the bungs, should I use low voltage for that? That was the main reason I wanted a better gun to get into those tough areas.
Torchmate 2x2 - Flashcut
Powermax 45 - Machine torch
Taig CNC Mill - Flashcut
Razorweld Distributor
_Ogre
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Powder coating basic questions

Post by _Ogre »

I'd say try it out first before asking for help with this dilemma
bulltear 4x8 cnc plasma table, candcnc bladerunner w/dthc, hypertherm powermax 65, sheetcam, mach3
laser cross hair for hypertherm torch http://www.plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12508
an ogre smiley :mrgreen: how cool!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Google mod to powder coating guns I know I found some there. One was to get more turbulence in the powder tank but don't go too much.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Redneck
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Redneck »

gamble wrote: Also is there any reason I should hold onto the HF gun or just sell it ? Maybe just keep one color in that one?
I keep my HF gun just to use now and then to remind me why I paid $950 for my good one :)

Return to “Powder Coat”