Hot coat Pro 1100 Gun

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
kdahep
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Hot coat Pro 1100 Gun

Post by kdahep »

I have a Hot Coat Pro 1100 gun that quit working. A friend told me it needed a variable voltage switch, but couldn't find anything on the old one to reference to. Anyone have any experiences with this or ideas? Eastwood doesn't sell these anymore and can't offer any help. Really like this gun for quick powder changes.
Thank you
GDS Metal Worx
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Hot coat Pro 1100 Gun

Post by GDS Metal Worx »

These guns are notorious for having the power supply fail on them. I have one that I use a few times a week and also have another power supply for it. Wish you could still find the power supplies for them but I dont think that eastwood sells them anymore. You might try to disassemble the whole thing and blow it out, that has fixed mine a few times.
kdahep
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Hot coat Pro 1100 Gun

Post by kdahep »

Thank you for your reply. I have tried that and didn't help. The electrician who checked it out for me said it is the potentiometer or something like that. He said it works intermittently and gets good readings when it is working properly and no readings when it isn't . I guess this is the first step of going bad. Our local electronics store won't do anything because of no numbers on the switch. It would be nice to find the manufacturer and see if a person could get info from them if they are still in business.

Return to “Powder Coat”