POWDER COAT OVEN RACK

Learn and share powder coating techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
ColtDurr

POWDER COAT OVEN RACK

Post by ColtDurr » Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:11 pm

Hola PS!

So I have been moving along with my table now for 3 weeks. 3 weeks exactly and I am completely over paint. COMPLETELY OVER IT. I am building a 4x4x5 powder coat oven powered by a mr heater LP Torpedo. I have concrete bottom floor so I learned I didnt need a bottom. This opens up the option for a rolling rack.

I was thinking how perfect and convenient it would be to have a rack on steel casters that I could pull out, hang, ground wire, Powder in the rack, and then push rack into oven, Pull out ect.

My concern is how are people stopping the metal from clanking around while moving the rack ? If I secured each piece twice, one one either end it would stop it swinging direction wise but it would still sway bottom wise . Surely im not the only one that has thought about it this ?
4'x4' Delusional Designs FREEDOM
Hypertherm 45XP
60 Gallon Cambell , Poor boy copper dryer , 5 stage MAX DRY desiccant, MICRO Guard TP

acourtjester
Elite Contributing Member

Re: POWDER COAT OVEN RACK

Post by acourtjester » Wed Oct 09, 2019 10:24 am

It is a problem with hanging parts, the size of the parts just adds to it. where you attach supports is where no power coating is covered.
Only thing is reducing the number of parts to lessen the chance of them hitting thing while moving the rack.
Orientation the part in the direction of the rolling movement is a small help too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
CandCNC DTHC-IV & Feather Touch
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PM 256 tig

plasmanewbie

Re: POWDER COAT OVEN RACK

Post by plasmanewbie » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:39 am

Move veeeeeerrrrrrry slowly :HaHa Oh ya and what AC said

Return to “Powder Coat”

Easyscriber engrave attachment for Hypertherm plasma cutters.