Red Copper Steel Fx Questions

Learn and share patina finishing techniques, experiences, and product knowledge here.
mav68erick
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Red Copper Steel Fx Questions

Post by mav68erick »

The directions on the bottle are kinda confusing, and I dont think my results came out right ( dont have a pic ) but basically I got a pretty even brown color all most like a light spray paint. Mind you this is the first time trying this out as well.

It says gets reds and greens if left on for longer periods of time.

Instructions say

Wet With clear water
Spray Red Copper FX
Wait a few seconds
Hose off with water
Then blow dry immediatly

Well if you wet it, it neutralizes it correct? and I assume blowing it dry just removes water and left over chems.

So question is do you not water it down and let it set? or Water it down and not dry it?

And If Bill responds had a question about the eBook, how to you get it because I never seen an option or looked over it in the check out? And is it just me or is there no Check out button on the website? I looked and looked I basically just added another item to the check out t get there and deleted it. Just letting ya know in case there wasnt there is alot of stuff going on on the one page coulda over looked it.

Thanks
Mav
steelfx
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Red Copper Steel Fx Questions

Post by steelfx »

mav68erick wrote:The directions on the bottle are kinda confusing, and I dont think my results came out right ( dont have a pic ) but basically I got a pretty even brown color all most like a light spray paint. Mind you this is the first time trying this out as well.

It says gets reds and greens if left on for longer periods of time.

Instructions say

Wet With clear water
Spray Red Copper FX
Wait a few seconds
Hose off with water
Then blow dry immediatly

Well if you wet it, it neutralizes it correct? and I assume blowing it dry just removes water and left over chems.

So question is do you not water it down and let it set? or Water it down and not dry it?

And If Bill responds had a question about the eBook, how to you get it because I never seen an option or looked over it in the check out? And is it just me or is there no Check out button on the website? I looked and looked I basically just added another item to the check out t get there and deleted it. Just letting ya know in case there wasnt there is alot of stuff going on on the one page coulda over looked it.

Thanks
Mav

Mav,

The instructions you quoted are not on my label. See attached photo of the actual label.

I recommend that all polished steel be wet down prior to applying the patinas. Blow off excess water with clean, dry compressed air leaving the steel damp. That allows for capillary action & a more even finish.

The RED COPPER MULTI F/X is dual-purpose. Left on for a few seconds, it will create a reddish-brown, dirty-penny patina. Left on overnight it will produce some reds & greens in a totally random pattern.

Please compare your "instructions" to what is actually on the bottle label, so as not to mislead anyone as to the
characterization of my products or labeling. I realize you were probably paraphrasing, but it would appear to someone that hasn't dealt with me that I don't have an IQ over 75.

As for the checkout procedure on my website, admittedly it is a little "behind the times". But, in an effort to keep my pricing as low as humanly possible, I haven't enlisted the aid of a professional webmaster & integrated a 3rd party checkout system. Those things are cost-prohibitive at this juncture in time. My product pricing would go up by 15% or more if I had a better system. A lot of my customers just call me to order. I'm a one-man show & I'm the only one that answers the phone or emails.

There is a box that appears on final check-out that says, "Instructions to Merchant". That's where many hundreds of people have typed in, "eBook" & are sent a download link & password.

In due time, I will do my best to provide an easier check-out system (shopping cart). I'll also do my best to create a
Supplies Page w/o "so much going on" on one page.

Regards,

Bill

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

mav68erick
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by mav68erick »

Thx for the reply, Ya It was late and I was trying to keep it as short as possible. Ya I can understand doing it alone, thats why I posted it here, seen you keep up here that way you can reply at your will rather then get a phone call in the middle of doing something, I hate that.

So If I want to get the effect to look similiar to what the steel is under the balloon in the attached photo I beed to

1. Pre Wet
2. Apply Copper Fx
3. And let sit? Dont Neutralize Dont dry nothing?
4. Then when it has the desired effect neutralize and dry off, Clear etc.

Basically once you neutralize it the reactions over correct.

Is there anyway I can get access to the ebook I can forward my paypal receipt.

Thanks again, And I hope my pointing out of the cart and stuff didnt sound like me complaining or bashing I just thought Id ask if there was a button I overlooked. I think I had stuff in my cart for over a day while I mulled over what I wanted to get before I decided to buy.
kb3gun
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kb3gun »

Per the instructions, when I use this, wet my bare steel, mist on the red copper, then rinse and then dry with forced air. You do want to neutralize it.
The now dry finish will start to change colors over the next few hours. It's like a flash rust as the particles in the patina react to the air.
Once I get the desired effect, I force air dry it again and then clear coat it.
-Smitty
Torchmate 4X4 Growth Series w/AVHC
Hypertherm PM45 w/ Machine Torch
Miller Syncrowave 210 TIG
steelfx

Post by steelfx »

Mav,

You've inspired me to get going on stream-lining my checkout page. I'm meeting with an IT pro next Wednesday!
Just spent 2 hrs. on the phone with him, so it won't be too long before my 'Supplies' page has a new look and a much easier checkout. I'll do my best to hold the prices down on my products, too!

If you'll please email me at bill@steelf-x.com I'll send you a download link & password the eBook.

thanks,

Bill :)

Cell: 435.668.7244
7 Days a Week!
mav68erick
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by mav68erick »

Welcome ;)

Cant wait,im looking forward to trying these finishes out more

I will shoot you an email.