Curve or oval distortion on import to sheet cam

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Tim the Tool Man
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Curve or oval distortion on import to sheet cam

Post by Tim the Tool Man »

Having problems when, importing images drawn in Inkscape into Sheet cam. The ovals on outside curves look fine in Inkscape, but when opened in Sheet cam the are distorted. I have tried DFX and SVG files both do the same thing. Even files that I have done before are now hosed when importing. I have tried simplify on the ovals and it is better but still not right. I have searched this forum and the internet. On the internet I have found others that are having the same issue with no replies to their questions. Is there a setting or something I am missing? Seems to have happened when I installed latest version of Inkscape 1.01
AREA
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Curve or oval distortion on import to sheet cam

Post by AREA »

Can you post a pic of what you are seeing? Or post the file? Is it turning your curves into a series of straight lines linked together to follow the curve?
Tim the Tool Man
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Tim the Tool Man »

Found out it only does it in the demo version I use to check the files when I am making them. I use it for checking problems, opens and parts that need to be connected or they will fall out. The paid version I have on the laptop that is hooked up to the cutter that I use for the g code etc works fine.
AREA
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by AREA »

:Like :Like
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Why not transfer the License to the computer you are doing the drawing on, no real need to have it on the cutting computer, once the G-code is developed.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Inkscape”