DXF file sizing/scaling for metal thickness

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Buckmaster1967
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

DXF file sizing/scaling for metal thickness

Post by Buckmaster1967 »

Hello,
I purchased a 3D DXF file from Makecnc.com. It is a strutting turkey. Say I want to make a 24" 3D turkey with 11 gauge metal. When I open it up in Inkscape, and increase to size so the notches that slide over the metal is the the size of the 11 gauge metal, the over all size of the turkey is just 12" Is there a way to fix this without manually changing each of the (MANY)notch size? New and learning, any help or advice would be very appreciated.
AREA
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: DXF file sizing/scaling for metal thickness

Post by AREA »

I did that once except I was working in Corel and I had to adjust the size of all the slots, not sure if there is an easy way but hopefully one of the Inkscape gurus here can help you. Good luck!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

If the slots are the same length you can use the copy and paste method. By that I mean draw one slot to the size you want and click on it and copy it, now you can use the paste to add any number to the drawing. I do many at one time in an open space then remove the original ones one at a time and position the replacement slot as needed pulling from the pasted group you made. I think if you the snap function it will help in the actual positioning when you get close to where you want it.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Buckmaster1967
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Buckmaster1967 »

AREA wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:56 am I did that once except I was working in Corel and I had to adjust the size of all the slots, not sure if there is an easy way but hopefully one of the Inkscape gurus here can help you. Good luck!
acourtjester wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:04 am If the slots are the same length you can use the copy and paste method. By that I mean draw one slot to the size you want and click on it and copy it, now you can use the paste to add any number to the drawing. I do many at one time in an open space then remove the original ones one at a time and position the replacement slot as needed pulling from the pasted group you made. I think if you the snap function it will help in the actual positioning when you get close to where you want it.
Thanks yall. Lots to learn.

Return to “Inkscape”