Need help with trimming lines!

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Need help with trimming lines!

Post by mitchw123456 »

I'm very new to Inkscape and I'm fighting a losing battle. Can someone please offer some suggestion on an easy/easier way to do this? I'm trying to draw a new grill for a friends welding machine and its just totally kicking my ass. For the life of me I cannot figure out an easy way to trim the lines that are inside the Texans logo. Any help would be much appreciated!!
Attachments
andy grill.svg
(54.18 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need help with trimming lines!

Post by acourtjester »

Ok much better you ask how to do it then do it for me, learning is better.
First I combined the drawing parts (Bull head, and lines) then you highlight the node tool so you can see the nodes that are there and the ones you will add. At the outline of the Bull put you arrow (cuser) on the line there and click twice this will add a new node. The move down that line to the next point it touches the outline, and click twice again. Each new node will appear as a blue square until you make the next one. After you make the second node hold the shift key down and move the arrow (cuser) to the node before and click on it, this will make both nodes blue. Now move to the node tool that the red arrow in the image is pointing to and click on it, that will remove the line between the 2 nodes you have added.
You may need to enlarge the image and fine turn the node position so it is exactly on the bull outline. When you are all finished highlight the whole drawing and click on combine to bring them all together as one drawing.
node tool.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
mitchw123456
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by mitchw123456 »

Thank you sir you are my new hero! I really appreciate you telling me how to do it and not just doing as I'm sure you've realized I'm still trying to learn. I couldn't come up with the correct "terms" I guess to search for. Again, thank you very very much
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

You welcome we all learn as we go along, I have found by helping another I may learn more when I try to explain to another. :lol:
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Inkscape”