Inkscape import to sheetcam issue

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Johnstone
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Inkscape import to sheetcam issue

Post by Johnstone »

Hi everybody. This is my first post. Been lurking for awhile trying to learn as much as possible.
I'm having a problem in Inkscape and hoping someone could help me out. Basically the drawing consists of a circle with text inside the circle on an arc. Debord's across the top and Garage across the bottom and chevrolet text and emblem across the center. The issue is when I import it into sheetcam the circle and chevrolet stuff come in ok but the text is separate and turned 90 degrees. I've grouped, union, put on path, but not working.
To make a long story longer, i drew it all from scratch. I previously tried using an image off of here and changing the text but the text only imported into sheetcam and was turned 90 degrees. Also to get the DXF file to open in inkscape had to open and save in solidedge first.
I know this is lot for my first post but i guess my immediate issue if getting my drawing into sheetcam.

Thanks,
Dave
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Inkscape import to sheetcam issue

Post by acourtjester »

There is another way to group a drawing that may help. After you have all you items as a path take the mouse pointer and make a box to completely enclosed all the items and then go to path then combine. That should make them one to save together as a DXF or SVG file.
12.JPG
12.JPG (24.42 KiB) Viewed 473 times
12A.JPG
12A.JPG (23.18 KiB) Viewed 473 times
12 B.JPG
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Johnstone
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Johnstone »

Thanks acourtjester. The combine did the trick. Thank you for taking the time to help. I thought i had tried everything multiple times. Hopefully I'll be able to help others soon.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Happy to help
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill