Inkscape drawing not working for sheetcam[solved!]

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Ryan
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Inkscape drawing not working for sheetcam[solved!]

Post by Ryan »

I am just learning inkscape. I spent alot of time making this for a neighbor's wedding this weekend and I totally missed something because everything is jumbled on sheetcam. There also a bunch of lines I thought would not be there. Can someone help me figure out how to fix this to work for sheetcam? I was supposed to have this done today! Thanks.
Attachments
LeeGrayWeddv2.svg
(110.03 KiB) Downloaded 53 times
Last edited by Ryan on Fri May 18, 2018 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ryan
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Inkscape drawing not working for sheetcam

Post by Ryan »

Okay I figured out the problem with the drawing. I had to to path>stroke to path and then path>union. Fixed the drawing. Now I cant get it scaled right. It came up on sheetcam about 80 feet long.......
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

2 things when you save a drawing in SVG and bring it into Sheet cam there is a box for the ration can be changed (I think it normally shows 25) change this to 1 so the ratio is 1:1.
The other thing is in Inkscape you can scale things by selecting them and then look at the tool bar for the width and height size indicators( there is a lock logo between them). Click on the lock to make it closed and the change either of the numbers to the size you want and it will scale the drawing to match.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Ryan
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Ryan »

Thanks for the tip! Like you said the problem was the scale ratio. Changed it to 1:1 and it all works. Lots of stuff to remember!
Ryan
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Inkscape drawing not working for sheetcam[solved!]

Post by Ryan »

Here is the completed file. For future reference if anyone has this problem. You can tell the difference between the drawing earlier and this one. Just use the "edit paths by nodes" tool and you can clearly see the difference.
LeeGrayWeddv2.1.svg
(63.44 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

Return to “Inkscape”