Help with simple font

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
Buggermanators
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Help with simple font

Post by Buggermanators »

Having a hard time getting the right lettering or even the right program to draw up what i need. Hoping some one can point me in the right direction as to what program i need. A friend of mine has a shop called "PRO TOWING" and "PRO DIESEL" Was wanting each of them about 13" long and cutting them out of the center a hexagon to hang on his wall. All caps with the letters leaning a little. What would be the best program for this. Tried Inkscape but totally failed. Any help would greatly be appreciated Thanks Greg

Some thing like this but in block/stencil form with a slight slant
PRO DIESEL
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help with simple font

Post by acourtjester »

You need to go back to inkscape it is very easy. Here is what you asked for about 2 minutes work. :)
First in windows word type what you want then select the font the put a slant on it. Do a screen shot or snipping tool from windows and save it as a .JPG. Import into Inkscape and do a trace remove the original then remove the fill and select a small stroke size, make it the size you want 13"
You can add the hexagon.
PRO.dxf
(108.98 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
POR 2.jpg
POR 2.jpg (12.15 KiB) Viewed 602 times
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
liv2speed05
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by liv2speed05 »

This was done in inkscape as well. Took 2 minutes. Download the octagon, trace, size, type your word, select your font ( this is Ruler Stencil Heavy). Click, path, object to path, combine, position how you want on the hexagon, hold shift and select both entities and click difference.
Attachments
PRO DIESEL2.png
liv2speed05
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by liv2speed05 »

Here is the dxf
Attachments
PRO DIESEL2.dxf
(151.53 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
jason.jason.p
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by jason.jason.p »

Buggermanators wrote:Having a hard time getting the right lettering or even the right program to draw up what i need. Hoping some one can point me in the right direction as to what program i need. A friend of mine has a shop called "PRO TOWING" and "PRO DIESEL" Was wanting each of them about 13" long and cutting them out of the center a hexagon to hang on his wall. All caps with the letters leaning a little. What would be the best program for this. Tried Inkscape but totally failed. Any help would greatly be appreciated Thanks Greg

Some thing like this but in block/stencil form with a slight slant
PRO DIESEL
If you'd rather use CAD like me, I use deskegrave. its free and uses any font you have installed. (additional fonts can be downloaded and installed easily from sites like dafont.com This program will export as dxf which can then be imported into CAD

http://www.deskam.com/download.html

Return to “Inkscape”