How do I fix this problem File "dxf_input.py", line 68 if options.gcodetoolspoints:

Inkscape related questions, tips and topics can be posted here
afry2016
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

How do I fix this problem File "dxf_input.py", line 68 if options.gcodetoolspoints:

Post by afry2016 »

How do I go about fixing this I cant up load anything I have added extensions and still cant get it to work right.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-04-09 084222.jpg
Screenshot 2021-04-09 084203.jpg
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: How do I fix this problem File "dxf_input.py", line 68 if options.gcodetoolspoints:

Post by weldguy »

It looks like the extension on your file is .py which is something I am not familiar with. Looks like a python file extension. Are you sure your trying to open the right thing? Your not able to upload your file?
afry2016
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: How do I fix this problem File "dxf_input.py", line 68 if options.gcodetoolspoints:

Post by afry2016 »

I am still new to this so I am trying to find out how to know what type of files I need in inkscape to make changes and edit them and what extension I need. i save the from inkscape as a dxf and import in Flashcut to make my gcode the to my .NC code for my koike table
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

No problem, plenty of help here. The files you will need to be working with will be .dxf and .svg and even at that I find Inkscape struggles with some dxf files but there are work arounds for that also when it happens.
If your having trouble just ask and if you can upload your file that is always helpful as well. Best of luck!
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

One thing with Inkscape save your work in both DXF and SVG, if you need to do more work the SVG will return as the size you saved it. But DXF is very small, it fine for importing into SheetCam but not a return to Inkscape as the original size.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Inkscape”