Thermal Dynamics 102 Cutmaster

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
Kirk T
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Thermal Dynamics 102 Cutmaster

Post by Kirk T »

Is a Thermal Dynamics 102 Cutmaster able to be used on a CNC table?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Thermal Dynamics 102 Cutmaster

Post by adbuch »

Kirk T wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:45 pm Is a Thermal Dynamics 102 Cutmaster able to be used on a CNC table?
Yes. In fact, the Plasmacam Video Manual lists the Cutmaster 102 as compatible and shows the instructions to install the torch control cable which is used to trigger the torch and monitor the divided arc voltage for thc. What table are you considering using with this cutter?
David
TD cutmaster 102.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

As David mentioned, yes it can certainly be used on a cnc table. Not sure what table you are planning to install this on but you want to find out if the table has auto torch height control and if so does it require a divided voltage signal or raw voltage signal. If it requires a divided voltage signal you will likely want to buy the cnc interface for your 102, if it will work with raw voltage than you can wire it up without the cnc interface pretty easily and save a few bucks.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

The Plasmacam torch control cable has the voltage divider incorporated into the cable. But yes - I think it goes without saying that unless your thc can work with raw arc voltage, you will most certainly need a voltage divider to obtain the correct voltage range for your thc.
David
Kirk T
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Kirk T »

adbuch wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:38 am
Kirk T wrote: Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:45 pm Is a Thermal Dynamics 102 Cutmaster able to be used on a CNC table?
Yes. In fact, the Plasmacam Video Manual lists the Cutmaster 102 as compatible and shows the instructions to install the torch control cable which is used to trigger the torch and monitor the divided arc voltage for thc. What table are you considering using with this cutter?
David

TD cutmaster 102.jpg
I have a lot of studying and learning to do but I have read good things about PlasmaCam and user-friendly software.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Kirk T wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 9:42 pm
adbuch wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:38 am
David

TD cutmaster 102.jpg
I have a lot of studying and learning to do but I have read good things about PlasmaCam and user-friendly software.
Kirk - I agree! Great cutting table and super software.
David
:Like :Like :Like

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”