Help needed cutmaster 52 machine torch to manual torch swap

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Help needed cutmaster 52 machine torch to manual torch swap

Post by Fabkid33 »

I have a cutmaster 52 I was using on my tm3 table running on flash cut cnc had my machine torch blow out the air line inside the whip was going to be a month until I could get one so I repaired it but it just finds a new place to blow apart so I got lucky and found a hypertherm 85 for my cnc table . I want to use my cutmaster in my shop with a manual torch now I purchased a used sl100 on Facebook and it doesnt have the quick connect on the machine end just a bulkhead fitting and the seller said I can wire it in my cutmaster but i took it apart and doesnt look like it will work is there a way to adapt it I will enclose pics of the manual torch end . Could i.take the head off my machine torch and make it work on the manual torch or can I adapt the manual torch whip to my machine . Thanks any help would be appreciated

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Help needed cutmaster 52 machine torch to manual torch swap

Post by adbuch »

Your plasma cutter should work with either machine torch or hand torch. I don't think you can just take the head off of your machine torch - because the machine torch lead doesn't have the trigger wires. If your newly acquired hand torch is compatible with your plasma cutter, then you should be able to refer to the schematic wiring diagrams in the manual to determine which wires on the hand torch connect to the appropriate terminals on the input receptacle. Or you may be able to purchase the fitting that goes on the end or your hand torch whip and wire it up so that you can plug/unplug it into the front of your machine.
David
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

Pretty sure TD make an adapter that connect the hand torch to the ATC connector on your machine. Something like this.https://weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/einst ... :OR:7-5207
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Rodw wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:52 am Pretty sure TD make an adapter that connect the hand torch to the ATC connector on your machine. Something like this.https://weldingsupply.com/cgi-bin/einst ... :OR:7-5207
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Fabkid33 »

I ordered that part but it looks like it's a female thread on both that is flared does anyone know flared union size I would need ?
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Fabkid33 »

Well I ordered the part and it was wrong its the machine side plug must be to convert the older machines to a new td quick connect whip
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I would probably just hard wire the hand torch to the machine. My older Thermal Dynamics is that way, and only my newer Hypertherms with Duramax torch have the plug/receptacle to swap out the torch.
David

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”