Thermal Dynamics Settings

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
twelve02customs
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Thermal Dynamics Settings

Post by twelve02customs »

Hey all, looking to find the TD Guru in here to play some questions off of in pursuit of dialling in my machine that much more. I have looked at the book settings but they are bonkers in relation to the travel speeds. The book suggests I run at 240ipm on 16g where I normally was running at 130ipm. I tried what the book suggested and made a mess and didn't leave a good cut. I have read a few posts on here but looking to save some time rather than vetting every post. I run a TD A80 (older model) as I installed the Automation Interface Kit. Thanks for any help that comes my way, just looking to improve cut quality or understand that what I am getting is good!
Joe Peterson
4'x8' TM 2 Water Table
TD A80
Flashcut CAD/CAM/CNC
Eastwood QST 30/60 Scroll Comp
ESAB Rebel 215ic
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Thermal Dynamics Settings

Post by weldguy »

Well I am certainly no guru, you will have to continue your search for him but 130-140ipm sounds about right for 16g at 40 amps.

Maybe you were looking at the 60 amp chart as it would list a much faster cutting speed for your 16g material as the amperage is 50% higher.

Many low cost cnc tables would not be capable of producing good results at speeds that high as the motion control is not good enough. If that was the issue it would force you to use lower amperage and lower cut speeds to achieve good cuts.

Check out this link for the A80 charts I checked out viewforum.php?f=169

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”