Advice on upgrading plasma cutter

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
M & N Steel CNC
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Advice on upgrading plasma cutter

Post by M & N Steel CNC »

I have a Plasma Route table with an A40, Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter. I want to upgrade to get faster speeds and cut anywhere from 18ga to 7/16" metal. I have been looking at an A60 or A80, any advice out there on which one would best suit my needs?

Would it be a plug and play change for my table software, Mach 3 cnc.
PlasmaRoute CNC 4 x 4
Corel Draw X5
SheetCam

Baileigh 12 gauge 40 inch box brake
Gamelord
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: Advice on upgrading plasma cutter

Post by Gamelord »

My next plasma will be a Hypertherm. I have seen the cut from a friends machine and I am extremely impressed. That alone had me pretty much sold.....then I met Jim here on the forum and the support he has for not only his own product (Hypertherm) but his help for others is also exceptional. I will be from now on recommending Hypertherm to anyone that asks. I think you would do yourself a huge favor by at least checking them out before purchasing.
Once you take flight, your eyes will forever be turned to the sky." "Lack of appreciation is the worlds biggest crime."

Torchmate 6x14 w/THC Downdraft
Thermal Dynamics Cutmaster 101
Corel Draw / Adobe Illustrator
Torchmate CAD
M & N Steel CNC
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by M & N Steel CNC »

Thanks, will do, do you know if can just Swap out with my thermal dynamics, will the controller board work With any plans cutter?
PlasmaRoute CNC 4 x 4
Corel Draw X5
SheetCam

Baileigh 12 gauge 40 inch box brake
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The electrical interface is the same, even the CPC interface plugs are the same, with the same pinouts. They have been the same betwen T-D and Hypertherm air plasma systems since the early 1980's!

Jim Colt

M & N Steel CNC wrote:Thanks, will do, do you know if can just Swap out with my thermal dynamics, will the controller board work With any plans cutter?

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”