A little help deciding

Thermal Dynamics plasma cutter discussion forum.
War Hammer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

A little help deciding

Post by War Hammer »

Hello all,

I just have a quick question for you Hypertherm owners. My Thermal Dynamics has given up the ghost. It is an my dynatorch 5x10 table. I am wanting to switch to something that will do a little finer cut then I have been able to do.
I am wondering if there is anybody out there that has had both of these manufactures and what they can tell me about why one is more favored then the other.

I have not had good luck with thermal dynamics customer support so that alone is helping sway toward Hypertherm.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

War Hammer
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: A little help deciding

Post by Ironken »

Personally, I have only owned Miller and Hypertherm and briefly used TD with a hand torch. The Hypertherm beats them hands down and I bleed blue if that says anything. Hypertherm's customer service is tops (so is Miller to be fair) and Jim Colt from Hypertherm frequents this forum.....he has helped me more than once.

Fine cut consumables are great but, there are some tricks that need to be employed (a small change in cut height usually solves a penetration problem). I use finecuts within the suggested material thickness with success. Personally, I would only buy Hypertherm for the quality and the meticulously developed cut charts, options and torch options. Hypertherm is also at least assembled if not made in 'Merica.....that's important to me.

Return to “Thermal Dynamics / Esab Plasma Cutters”