Eaton 52 Air Dryer

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
kdahep
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Eaton 52 Air Dryer

Post by kdahep »

I bought a used Eaton dryer off e bay. Just got it hooked up today to find out it is leaking air out of the finned cooler with the fan mounted on it. Has anyone ever had something like this before? Can it be repaired, or can someting else be subsistuted in place of this,Like out of a small refridgerator?
I found a website from a machinist that claimed Eaton Dryers are made in China, and if true I probally can't order parts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
kdahep
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Eaton 52 Air Dryer

Post by jimcolt »

How about some pictures to show where it is leaking? There are many manufacturers and many models of air dryers available.....help us with more info and we may be able to help you out.

Jim Colt

kdahep wrote:I bought a used Eaton dryer off e bay. Just got it hooked up today to find out it is leaking air out of the finned cooler with the fan mounted on it. Has anyone ever had something like this before? Can it be repaired, or can someting else be subsistuted in place of this,Like out of a small refridgerator?
I found a website from a machinist that claimed Eaton Dryers are made in China, and if true I probally can't order parts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
kdahep
kdahep
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kdahep »

I will try and get it apart and get pictures so everyone can see it.
Thank you for the reply.
kdahep
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kdahep »

The air is leaking out of the middle on the right side. I think this is the condenser. I don't know if this has been frozen or to much air pressure to cause the leak.
Thanks[

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Any good plumber should be able to repair it if the leak is on one of the copper fittings. If there are multiple leaks it could be a bit difficult!

Jim Colt
kdahep
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by kdahep »

Jim
Thank you for your help. Had to remove some fins and some of the side case, looked like this has never been used because all 4 air lines going through the condenser had leaks where the metal case was at. When the company put this together where it was swaged it wasn't lined up right. Soldered all the leaks and now working fine.

Thanks again

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”