candcnc height control - anybody used it?

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
kbenz
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

candcnc height control - anybody used it?

Post by kbenz »

anyone here use their height controller on a TM1?
I Lean
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: candcnc

Post by I Lean »

I believe you'd have to change everything over to CandCNC controls, not just the height control. You'd be getting rid of most or all of your Torchmate stuff, other than the mechanical components.

I run CandCNC, and it works well...it's just not easy to integrate into other makes, like yours. Torchmate requires the torch height control to be a stand-alone unit. (which is what they sell, naturally)
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by jmsrbrt »

Not an expert, but look at this site... http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/cncmachinecomponents.aspx ...they have a Z axis controller in 6 and 4 inch travel. You'd still need the mounting bracket for your machine torch, and most likely the Z axis driver in the TM electronics. It's a thought.
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
kbenz

Post by kbenz »

here is my story....when I bought my TM1 years ago, I put a hypertherm 600 on it. when I went to upgrade to avhc I was told it wouldn't work with the 600. but they had a sensor hc unit for these instances. so I forked over the cash for it. turned out to not be worth a crap. they quit selling it and pretty much told me tough luck. so now I got a $2000 dollar manual power z axis. was hoping to find something to work with it.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The "Sensor" THC is a Hypertherm product....it is still in production and there are thousands of them in the field. It is a standalone THC....meaning it will interface to most plasma systems and cnc machines.

The Height controls available with candcnc are designed as integrated torch height controls....and use arc voltage feedback from the plasma to control height via an additional axis that is controlled with Mach 3 software. Your torchmate does not use Mach 3....so these height controls would not be compatible. With this height control you would need to supply the z axis lifter mechanics.

Torchmate has a height control called the AVHC that will adapt directly to your machine. I have one on my Torchmate...it works well and will work with a Powermax600 plasma.

Jim Colt Hypertherm

kbenz wrote:here is my story....when I bought my TM1 years ago, I put a hypertherm 600 on it. when I went to upgrade to avhc I was told it wouldn't work with the 600. but they had a sensor hc unit for these instances. so I forked over the cash for it. turned out to not be worth a crap. they quit selling it and pretty much told me tough luck. so now I got a $2000 dollar manual power z axis. was hoping to find something to work with it.
kbenz

Post by kbenz »

jimcolt wrote:The "Sensor" THC is a Hypertherm product....it is still in production and there are thousands of them in the field. It is a standalone THC....meaning it will interface to most plasma systems and cnc machines.

Torchmate has a height control called the AVHC that will adapt directly to your machine. I have one on my Torchmate...it works well and will work with a Powermax600 plasma.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
TM could never get mine to work right. they eventually admitted to having a lot of trouble with them. do you think hypertherm would help me with it?

I know TM has an avhc($2500) I spent that once already on what was apparently a lie. they told me it would not work on a powermax600. I do not have the funds to spend again
kbenz

Post by kbenz »

jimcolt wrote:The "Sensor" THC is a Hypertherm product....it is still in production and there are thousands of them in the field. It is a standalone THC....meaning it will interface to most plasma systems and cnc machines.
was looking back at some records and it said it was made by onexia? I bought it back in 2004
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

If you have some pictures or tech details about your height control...I'd be happy to offer advice. I have never heard of the brand name you mention.

The Torchmate AVHC height control (I have one on my Torchmate machine) works fine with a Hypertherm Powermax600.

Jim Colt
kbenz

Post by kbenz »

I'll try to get some pics.

that is what they told me. It was around 2003. they might have had something diff then?
kbenz

Post by kbenz »

some pics of my sensor height unit. or my $2000 electronic z axis

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

That is an old one...looks like it used inductive probes to sense height...instead of using arc voltage feedback.

Jim Colt
kbenz

Post by kbenz »

it was a real (expensive)piece of crap :evil:
WSS
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by WSS »

It has a anamatics servo on it. What is the model number? Does it end in a 2314 or 2315? Should not be that old, but I see the odd attachments, how is it supposed to sense the plate?

WSS
kbenz

Post by kbenz »

had 3 sensors

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”