Need help: Buying our first CNC plasma cutter

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Vince
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need help: Buying our first CNC plasma cutter

Post by Vince »

I am helping my company buy our first plasma cutter. We are looking at a Messer MM III used machine. Cutting table surface is 6' x 10'. The controller is outdated but usable (machine is a 2002). Its in working order. After we move it to out location we'll have about $35k not including software in it. Before we pull the trigger I was wondering if there may be another system out there for us that is newer around the same price. We plan to cut metal designs as well as various misc parts. Forgive me for being green around the ears, my only knowledge of these machines has been from talking to a rep from a company that sells and repairs and what I've found from researching the internet.
Thanks in advance for any input.

Vince
admin
Site Admin

Re: Need help: Buying our first CNC plasma cutter

Post by admin »

Hi Vince

Please have a look at the 3 manufacturers who advertise at the top of these pages. Sounds like the used Messer may not be the best fit for your application unless you are planning on heavy industrial type cutting of simple shapes. Any of the 3 manufacturers above can save you thousands and provide you with a brand unit and it sounds like for what you looking to do with the machine it may be a better fit for an all around application.

Admin

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”