ProArc Vs. DAMA CNC Plasma Cutters

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Aaron
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

ProArc Vs. DAMA CNC Plasma Cutters

Post by Aaron »

i am into sheet metal fabrication - could u tell me which is the better plasma cutter
1) proarc master 35 cnc hydefinition PC machine with hypertherm HPR130xd
2) DAMA CNC flame/plasm cutting machine model:win-2500 with hypertherm HPR130xd
I am absolutely new to the plasma cutting field, so any input would be much appreciated!
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: ProArc Vs. DAMA CNC Plasma Cutters

Post by jimcolt »

Well...they both have the Hypertherm HPR130xd high definition class plasma....so that is a good start. The plasma is only one part of the equation. The cnc control (what brand and model?), the torch height control (what brand and model) and the CAM Nesting software (brand and version?) are what drive the plasma torch and determine the cut quality, the ease of use, as well as the operating cost (cut to cut cycle times, cut quality, consumable life)

If you can supply details regarding the equipment on each machine...then I can help determine the capabilities of each.

Jim Colt

Aaron wrote:i am into sheet metal fabrication - could u tell me which is the better plasma cutter
1) proarc master 35 cnc hydefinition PC machine with hypertherm HPR130xd
2) DAMA CNC flame/plasm cutting machine model:win-2500 with hypertherm HPR130xd
I am absolutely new to the plasma cutting field, so any input would be much appreciated!
Aaron
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Aaron »

Thanks Jim,
These are the details that you requested:
The ProArc system comes with:
CNC Control: EDGE from Hypertherm
ProArc Sensor THC - Arc voltage control / Anti collision device for plasma torch and plasma making
Complete gas control system with torch holder, electrical ignition unit, flame torch height sensing control (brand not specified) and individual solenoid valve control.
CNC Software - FastCam professional with Auto Nesting
Power supply - HyPerformance 400V, 50-60 Hz
HPR130 Consumable parts starter kit
Victor 318 cutting torch

The DAMA system comes with:
CNC control: BURNY Dagger NC PC
Nurny SMARTHC Plasma height sensor

These are the details that I have at the moment. Are these enough to make a decision?
Thanks for all the help!
Aaron
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Aaron »

I left out a few details:
Burny SMARTHC Plasma height sensor
The software is FastCam professional with Auto Nesting
And it uses a 380 V 3 phase transformer
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmajoe »

Aaron wrote:I left out a few details:
Burny SMARTHC Plasma height sensor
The software is FastCam professional with Auto Nesting
And it uses a 380 V 3 phase transformer
Hi Aaron,

It seems that you are getting set up similarly as I am, I use a Taurus 2000 with a Burny 10 LCD Plus controller with Merlin 6000 plasma units. I also use FastCam software with Auto Nesting. It works wonderful for me, I have been using this system for over 8 years now and no issues at all. But personally I like the Hypertherm over the Merlin (Thermal Dynamics). Let me know if you need any help with the software, I may be able to help you there. It is very user freindly.

Plasma Joe
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

The ProArc machine will provide the best combination of ease of use, cut quality and cut to cut cycle times.....simply due to the fact that it is using the Hypertherm cnc control....which is designed for use with the Hypertherm plasma. The Phoenix operating software in the Edge control is loaded with all of the operating data for the HPR130xd plasma....which takes all of the guesswork out of the operators job in regards to system setup for different material thicknesses and power levels. The Edge control also incorporates a process wizard than makes this control operable by anyone that can operate a computer....very little instruction or training required. The Sesor height control as well as the auto gas flow control on the ProArc machine were developed by Hypertherm as well.

The only thing that would improve the capability is the us of MTC ProNest2010 CAM software....which further automates the cutting process....decreasing cut to cut cycle times and improving hole quality.

I can be accused of being biased....however, when all of the components of a high technology machine (such as this) are developed and engineered by the same company...you can expect better communication between each of the modules (plasma, cnc, THC) which results in seamless , more efficient operation of all of the systems. Hypertherm calls this the "Full Suite" advantage.

Jim Colt

Aaron wrote:Thanks Jim,
These are the details that you requested:
The ProArc system comes with:
CNC Control: EDGE from Hypertherm
ProArc Sensor THC - Arc voltage control / Anti collision device for plasma torch and plasma making
Complete gas control system with torch holder, electrical ignition unit, flame torch height sensing control (brand not specified) and individual solenoid valve control.
CNC Software - FastCam professional with Auto Nesting
Power supply - HyPerformance 400V, 50-60 Hz
HPR130 Consumable parts starter kit
Victor 318 cutting torch

Nurny SMARTHC Plasma height sensor

These are the details that I have at the moment. Are these enough to make a decision?
Thanks for all the help!
Aaron
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Aaron »

The common consensus is that the proarc master 35 cnc hydefinition PC machine with hypertherm HPR130xd is the better bet?
@Plasma Joe - I will get back to you if I need any help with the software.
@Jim Colt - I will check out if I have the option of the MTC ProNest2010 CAM software
Thanks guys. The input is much appreciated.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”