HPR 260 Missfiring/High Frequency Issues

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
derekjonesy5
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

HPR 260 Missfiring/High Frequency Issues

Post by derekjonesy5 »

I recently bought a used Multicam 6000 with an HPR260 plasma. I have an Ingersol refridge dryer providing clean, dry air.

The table worked good for a couple weeks, then slowly started missfiring. First it would only do it 1 out of a 100 pierces, but now it does it constantly. I sometimes I have to try to pierce 5 or 6 times before it works. When it missfires you can usually see a tiny little flicker of light extend out the end of the torch to the plate. On occasion, the arc has gone out mid cut.

I've had technician who is licensed by Hypertherm and Multicam spend over 80 hours trying to diagnose the problem. We have checked everything we can possibly think to check.

We have replumed air lines and installed a resevoir tank near the table to ensure proper gas flow and pressures. This seemed to fix it but after about 4 hours of perfect cutting, the problem returned.

We purchased a whole new torch and whip. It made no difference.

He has checked every selenoid, valve, relay, wire, etc and everything seems to be ok.

We tested the ground rod. Absolutely perfect grounding.

Multicam Western Canada has been working with us the entire time and they seem to have no idea either. And now all the missfiring seems to be causing high frequency damage to other components.

Any ideas would be appreciated as my next step is to fly a factory technician in from Texas.
admin
Site Admin

Re: HPR 260 Missfiring/High Frequency Issues

Post by admin »

Try contact our member Jim Colt by private message and he may have an answer for you.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Where are you located.....I am in Western Canada for a day or two!

Jim Colt
derekjonesy5
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by derekjonesy5 »

I'm 2 minutes from the Edmonton International Airport. If there is anyway we could get you here, it would be greatly appreciated!
jimcolt

Post by jimcolt »

Leave me a message at jim.colt@hypertherm.com regarding company name, contact info and phone number, address. I am here with a tech from Hypertherm at another customer site....we may have time to come take a look at your issue.

Jim
quisman
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by quisman »

Hi Derek,

I joined up here so hopefully we can help out in the off hours as well.
Talk with you soon !!
SCHIDTHEAD
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

I am having the same problem with my Hypertherm 1100 with a couple of months old RT80M stick. I bought a consumables kit with the torch and a fine consumables kit also. We have never got the fine tips to cut anything because I get the exact same thing--a spark from the torch and a small dimple on the work piece.

Now I have had this happen with 40 amp tips; one time it was a constant misfire and I found, by mic measurement of the pierce height, that my touch off was setting my pierce too high ( I cant remember how high it was, but it was out by more than one tenth for sure). Once it was corrected it ran normal again. But, we cannot figure out why the fine tips don't work at all, so we just quit trying to use them for now till I finish some larger projects I am working on, but once I get back to trying to diagnose this problem I will let you know what I find. But definitely gauge your pierce and height distance.
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776
SCHIDTHEAD

Post by SCHIDTHEAD »

derekjonesy5 wrote: Any ideas would be appreciated as my next step is to fly a factory technician in from Texas.
Did you find anything out???
"Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one."--Thomas Paine 1776

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”