Update my Dynatorch could use some help.

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
War Hammer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Update my Dynatorch could use some help.

Post by War Hammer »

I have an existing 5x10 dyna torch table.

It is no longer supported because dynatorch is out of business.

I want to update the computer side of my table to make it more user friendly.

Does anybody know of a company that will sell me the software/ controller software for my table? I want to update but I don’t make enough money with this table to buy a complete new setup.

Anybody know of a company that retrofits systems?

Thanks,
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: I want to update my table and could use some help.

Post by acourtjester »

You may put you location to see if your close to a business that does that. Unless your table is very exotic there are companies that sell kits for DIY that would get you what you need. You should only need from the drivers back to the computer. The software talked about here (SheetCam, Linuxcnc, UCCNC, and other) will work. The computer end is open from a desktop to small box type PCs will run the software needed.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: I want to update my table and could use some help.

Post by weldguy »

There are 3 companies who I see advertise above on this site. C&CNC, Flashcut CNC, and Centroid CNC and they offer controller and software options suitable for retrofits.

C&CNC and Centroid would be your most affordable options and they may be able to provide you with some information or demo so you can determine if this will be more user friendly than what you already have.

There was also a guy on here who was doing Dynatorch service not long ago but i can't remember the name. If someone else does it would likely be a good idea to contact him and see what he says.
ROKCRLER
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Update my Dynatorch could use some help.

Post by ROKCRLER »

War Hammer wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:37 pm I have an existing 5x10 dyna torch table.

It is no longer supported because dynatorch is out of business.

I want to update the computer side of my table to make it more user friendly.

Does anybody know of a company that will sell me the software/ controller software for my table? I want to update but I don’t make enough money with this table to buy a complete new setup.

Anybody know of a company that retrofits systems?

Thanks,
Dynatorch tables are supported by https://cncshopandservice.com/, Russell bought the company and is still cranking them out.
You should give him a shout.

Im curious what you mean about "making it more user friendly"
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
War Hammer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by War Hammer »

ROKCRLER I was unaware that Russell is still servicing these machines. I will look into seeing if I can get him to help me out.

My problem is bringing the files into the Dynatorch software changes the dimensions of the projects. It is never the same but it will change it sometimes up to a whole 1/4" off. For example if I make a dxf file of a 8x8" square and try to import it to the Dynatorch software, when I convert it to the TXT file needed sometimes it will cut it out larger and sometimes smaller.
Off of the same file. something is being miscommunicated from the DXF to TXT in the Dynatorch software.

IT makes it very difficult to get a repeatable outcome.
ROKCRLER

Post by ROKCRLER »

Sending you a PM, i can help with that possibly.
4x8 Dynatorch
PM85
~Mo~
Dawgonhawg
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Dawgonhawg »

Dynatorch is now supported by CNC Shop and Service. Contact Russell Johnson at 1 256-812-9128.
They also manufacture the Super B and other machines. Russell will help you out with any issues you have.
Great machines and customer service.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”