Premier plasma table y axis getting stuck

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Nico4865
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Premier plasma table y axis getting stuck

Post by Nico4865 »

HELLO, I have a premier plasma 4x8 table running sheetcam and Mach3. When moving the gantry along the Y axis, the left side motor seems to be getting stuck k. At first I thought it was something on the rails getting stuck in the bearing ir in the gear teeth. I've triple checked and cleaned everything and the problem persists. The owner of the company had me switch the wires to to opposite sides to see if the problem switches over to the right side of the table. After doing so, the problem still persists on the left side. Looking at it closely, it appears as if the motor stops for a split second causing it to jerk while running. Anyone have any idea what it could be? I've had the machine for almost a year yet am still very novice to the cnc world.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Premier plasma table y axis getting stuck

Post by adbuch »

Perhaps you have a bad motor or loose/damaged gears/belt/pulley. Maybe you could post some photos of your motor/drive train setup so we can get a better idea exactly what you are dealing with (for those of us not familiar with the premier plasma tables).

David
acourtjester

Re: Premier plasma table y axis getting stuck

Post by acourtjester »

I agree with David, try manually wiggling each side of the Y axis with power on. With power on the motor should be locked in place and should not move. If you have a loose set screw or slop in the grearing the left will move slightly.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”