Burntable-Lost our computer, starting from scratch

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Wcfabrication47
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Burntable-Lost our computer, starting from scratch

Post by Wcfabrication47 »

Here's what we have:
5x5 Burntable
Sheetcam
Mach 3
Hypertherm 45XP
Using Illustrator to export as .DXF

We lost our computer that everything was on, so we purchased new sheetcam and mach 3 software. It's been 3 years since we ran the table. We realize now what novices we are and have multiple questions. Our last computer came with the table, so we never had to do any of this initial setup.
I cannot find where our tool sets are, so I am making tools one by one, looking at the Hypertherm 45 XP manuals to tell me what to enter in each box.
Under Options/Machine/Post Processor, is that where Mach3 gets selected? Will there be anywhere to plug in that we have a Burntable? The test 3"x3" square I made was 23.5"x23.5". I calibrated the x and y axis in Mach3, but now it's running super slow. All my axis are reversed (left is right, up is down, etc). Is there a mirroring issue?
I know there will be plenty more questions, but I just could use some help with these for now.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Burntable-Lost our computer, starting from scratch

Post by acourtjester »

Ok if you are running Mach 3 that will be the Post processor you will selectin SheetCam, there are many options. Start using a generic one like Mach Plasma to get things going and add as needed after answers as to your questions come in. Attached is the motor output pins to reverse directions just change one of the red X to a green check under the DIR low active for the drive axis. If it is green already change to rex X this action will reverse each axis drive from what it is now. When moving an axis if you use the arrow keys and the page up/down Mach will use the last speed command it was given. In the MDI screen there is a yellow box that you can enter a move command example G1 X5 F50, G1 is controlled movement with the F equal the speed value. The X5 is move the x 5 inches or MM as to the type of measurements you are using. And Mach will remember that speed setting until the next change you enter. G0 does not use a speed command just goes faster. You will need to setup the home and limits switches if you use them, but not needed at the start. If you have a THC that needs to be setup too but when you get things moving and have test cuts.
If you are using a floating head switch that will be in the Post Processor (need to selected) also if you are using a Ohmic sensor again in the Post Processor selection.
questions answered when asked as you go along.
ports and pins for normal BOB board AA.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
asuratman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by asuratman »

hi wc,
I think if you lost your sheetcam, you can got it replaced if contacted Les at sheetcam, you did not need to purchase new one.
abelzuzu
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by abelzuzu »

If you are still interested since it's been 2 months since the last post I can try helping out. I too have a burntable (4x4). I've had it now close to 10 yrs old (bought new) and have some experience with it. I have cloned my computer and also have gotten help from company on some of my many problems. I may be able to help if you had more specific question. The problem I see with Burntables is that Mach3 is manipulated with Burntable setup data. Maybe I can copy and send you some info that may help.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

abelzuzu wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:21 pm If you are still interested since it's been 2 months since the last post I can try helping out. I too have a burntable (4x4). I've had it now close to 10 yrs old (bought new) and have some experience with it. I have cloned my computer and also have gotten help from company on some of my many problems. I may be able to help if you had more specific question. The problem I see with Burntables is that Mach3 is manipulated with Burntable setup data. Maybe I can copy and send you some info that may help.
:Like :Like :Like :Like

Great offer to help!! Hopefully the OP will see your post and respond.
Thanks,
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

What I found with Mach 3 that some companies have modified with their own setup is you can switch it back by looking for other screensets in the Mach folder. See attached click on view then load screen, it will show the mach 3 folder, scroll down to the screensets and click on one of them. It will change the appearance to another screenset.
mach screenset 1.jpg
mach screenset 2.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
plasmanewbie
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by plasmanewbie »

abelzuzu wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:21 pm If you are still interested since it's been 2 months since the last post I can try helping out. I too have a burntable (4x4). I've had it now close to 10 yrs old (bought new) and have some experience with it. I have cloned my computer and also have gotten help from company on some of my many problems. I may be able to help if you had more specific question. The problem I see with Burntables is that Mach3 is manipulated with Burntable setup data. Maybe I can copy and send you some info that may help.
:Like :Like

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”