Premier plasma wont move at all

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
royaldiesel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Premier plasma wont move at all

Post by royaldiesel »

4x8 premier plasma table, mach 3. As soon as I power the control box the motors lock and the table will not move at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Premier plasma wont move at all

Post by acourtjester »

The motor lock up is expected and is correct. you did not state the controller software you are using. Have you tried to use the arrow keys to move the X and Y axis, the page up and down should move the Z up and down. This is only if the software is configured. Is this new to you or have you been using it and it now is broken. More info is need to help you.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Is this a new installation of Mach3? If so you may need to configure it for your specific application. As Tom stated, the motors will normally be locked when powered up. Mach3 should have jog buttons on the screen as well. I use Mach3 on my Avid cnc router table, and Avid supplied the configuration file with the table.
David
royaldiesel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by royaldiesel »

New first time using table. In mach3 I can see it move but no table movement output signal state is red on enable 1
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

royaldiesel wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 9:03 pm New first time using table. In mach3 I can see it move but no table movement output signal state is red on enable 1
I would think the output signal state should be green to enable. Can you go into your settings and enable?
David
royaldiesel
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by royaldiesel »

Does anyone have pics of the ports and pins settings
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

The best thing might be for you to take screen shots of your Mach3 ports & pins pages and post them so we can see what you have.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Attached are images of the setting for Mach 3 I used, now your setting may be different like it you have 2 motor for one axis. I used only one motor per axis so only X, Y, and Z are shown. When pushing the arrow keys or page up and down to move the axis, direction is easy to change after you get motion. Your step and dir pins may be different so see what happens, we can advise after we see what happens, you will not damage anything if they are wrong, the axis will just not move. Understand Mach 3 will show movement in the DRO and the motor will not move. That is due to no feedback signals, so do not worry if you see that, just means change need to be make to make the motors move. :HaHa :HaHa
I also attached the home and limits for my table you don't need them until later (after motion first). I used only one pin for all home and limit as they are wired in series. Leaves other switch pins for ohmic sensor, and THC inputs. Mach 3 only has 5 inputs but there are workarounds with different electronics and software (later if needed).
ports and pins for normal BOB board AA.jpg
switch pos.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”