ArcOK Signal from sh-hc31 THC?

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Weirdbeard
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

ArcOK Signal from sh-hc31 THC?

Post by Weirdbeard »

Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help as im going in circles.
I have an OMNI CNC table that had a CCm3 controller with a hypertherm plasma and SH-HC31 THC.
I never managed to get the thing working correctly and kept having issues with the CCm3 controller crashing.
I decided to upgrade to an ESS controller with Mach 3.
Im stuck on trying to get an ArcOK signal to the ESS. Was hoping to find one going to the CCM3 but cannot find any perhaps it didnt use one?

From what I understand normally the ArcOK comes from the THC however I cannot see any in the limited documentation. There are 2 Pins from the THC that are currently not hooked up

Pin 10
Definition - Manual/auto
Instruction - Connect output of CNC cutting controller or external switch, 24v signal, high level is manual mode, low level is auto mode

Pin 11
Definition - Plasma/Flame
Instruction - Connect output of CNC cutting controller or external switch, 24v signal, high level is Plasma mode, low level is Flame mode

The other option from what I have worked out is that the Hypertherm Plasma has a transfer signal that can be used however the signal cable I have for the plasma doesnt have those pins 12 and 14.

If anyone can shed any light on the SH-HC31 that would be fantastic. Or is there a way of getting the arc signal (transfer signal from the Hyperterm) without needing to buy another cable

Thanks
Lee
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: ArcOK Signal from sh-hc31 THC?

Post by acourtjester »

You can add the pins to the Hypertherm connecter and wire it to the THC unit. The ARC Ok signal comes from the plasma unit. The attached image is from an electronics supplier showing the different parts for the connecter. You only need the pins shown if you already have the Hypertherm remote cable. The pins can be ordered for different wire sizes your choice.
I don't know where to hook it may be pin 11 input and signal common.
hyperthern CNC plug parts.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
acourtjester

Re: ArcOK Signal from sh-hc31 THC?