Spark Robotics

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
SacredOakD&F
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Spark Robotics

Post by SacredOakD&F »

Hello all. I am new to this forum. This is the first forum I have ever been a part of also so please forgive me if I am doing something wrong. I am a current owner of a GOFAB CNC 4x8 table. I am new to cnc plasma cutting. I have had this table for a couple years and it has had its issues. Not to say that some of them weren't my issues. In short, I am not happy with my purchase and am looking at selling my current table and purchasing a larger table by another manufactuer. I am looking at the XR-51 by Spark Robotic. Does anyone have information about the manufacturer or reviews that are not published by them on their website? If I have learned anything from GOFAB CNC, it is to do as much research about the manufacturer as I can before purchasing anything. Any knowledge would be helpful. Thanks.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Spark Robotics

Post by weldguy »

Sorry I don't have any experience with either of those brands. There are manufacturers above that get great reviews and wish to maintain a good reputation on Plasmaspider and online in general. You may want to look into some of those brands also.
SacredOakD&F
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by SacredOakD&F »

The main reason I'd like to use Spark Robotic is their proximity to me. I live near Charleston, SC. They are only a few hours away from me for training purposes or possible issues. Also, I would be picking the table up versus shipping it which shipping is outrageous for assembled tables.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

That makes good sense. Would be a good idea to contact them and set up a demo day before taking the plunge.
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

I would also ask if there are any other locally owned table of their (customers) that you may visit that has hands on experiences with their table.
There are posts here where the sales pitch did not stack up to actual use, good they are close enough for you to go kick the tires.
It sounds like with your experiences you know what to look for, or watch out for.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I very much agree. It would be great to actually see one in action and "kick the tires" as Tom said. You might bring along several of your own dxf files and have them do some test cuts to see how it really works. I wonder what sort of software they offer for cad/cam/machine control. In the case of Plasmacam, they offer Design Edge which does all three - CAD, CAM, and control. But even with that, I use may other programs in addition in the process of creating cut ready files - Inkscape, Fusion 360, and LightBurn to name a few. I expect that the "mix and match" process is also quite common among some other members here as well.

Good luck and I hope to hear back on how you make out.

David
SacredOakD&F
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by SacredOakD&F »

Does anyone have any suggestions for good quality 5x10 tables that won't cost me $40K?
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

SacredOakD&F wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:47 am Does anyone have any suggestions for good quality 5x10 tables that won't cost me $40K?
I would suggest that you give the Plasmacam Sampson 5x10 some serious consideration. It uses Design Edge, which is the same software I use for my Plasmacam DHC2 4x4. It is basically the same table as mine, only with larger foot print (expanded cutting area). PM me if you need more specific information.
David
cutnweld
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cutnweld »

I would take a good look at Linux qtplasmac, using mesa cards and servos to make your own system
5X10 Shop built table
20x80x32 inch gap lathe
10x40 lathe
10x54 milling machine
2-Miller 255
Miller XMT350MPA
Lincoln squarewave tig 255
12 Ft Durma Brake
Dishtech55
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Dishtech55 »

I also had a GoFab junker ! only got to use 3 months before it stopped and torch was coming down and hitting metal all the time.And they wouldnt help me ! I ended up stripping table down of all electronics and motors and z axis.. and built my own controls with Proma Myplasm, same as Sparks. I got mine from Sparks only to say, Ill help you figure out how to put together with that Gofab table so we can sell a new Up date for them.. Well I got my parts,and Sparks was not there to help me at all.. Always excuses.. I got my kid today.. or Im in a meeting.. Well Owner of Eagle Plasma contacted me and helped me get my setting fixed right for free! Not many people out there like that. I hear good on Sparks now. but I didnt have any luck with him. but did use Gofab table for a bout a month, and decided to build my own 4x10 table and put all my new motors and controls on it.. Perfect table now.. Not many problems.
4x10 Home Built Super Table.
4x4x6` Home Built LP Powder Coat oven
Hypertherm 45 xp plasma cutter
Eastwood 60 amp Plasma Cutter
Eastwood Powder Coating Gun
Miller 252 Mig with Spool Gun
Lincoln 100 Mig
Build Trailers

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”