Advise on first purchase cnc plasma cutter

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Advise on first purchase cnc plasma cutter

Post by Rodw »

adbuch wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:18 pm My guess is that if he pays the $20 to become a contributing member, he will have the option to add his location information.
David
That makes no sense becasue its not the user who wants to know his location (he knows where he lives), but others. People on this thread immediately were calling for the OP's location to be entered but he clearly couldn't.

I don't need access to the cut files and designs so I contribute in other ways :)

But the point remains, don't immediately assume a user is based in the USA. There are many who are not.
djreiswig
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by djreiswig »

I agree, that makes no sense.
2014 Bulltear (StarLab) 4x8
C&CNC EtherCut
Mach3, SheetCam, Draftsight
Hypertherm PM65
Oxy/Acetylene Flame Torch
Pneumatic Plate Marker, Ohmic, 10 inch Rotary Chuck (in progress)
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Rodw wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 7:16 pm
adbuch wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:18 pm My guess is that if he pays the $20 to become a contributing member, he will have the option to add his location information.
David
That makes no sense becasue its not the user who wants to know his location (he knows where he lives), but others. People on this thread immediately were calling for the OP's location to be entered but he clearly couldn't.

I don't need access to the cut files and designs so I contribute in other ways :)

But the point remains, don't immediately assume a user is based in the USA. There are many who are not.
It makes perfect sense. Obviously he knows where he lives. Adding his location information would allow others to see where he is located. I assume this option is not available unless on becomes an "Elite Contributing Member" by paying the annual $20 fee.
David
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

liermans wrote: I was not aware my location was not showing, Ive been looking in my profile settings but can't find any option for that, can you point me in the right direction?
I'm sure most of us here understand this is a world wide site, the OP asked for how to show his location. Many don't give a location as an option, and there is nothing wrong with that. I have communicated with many that I will never see, but the web allows us to do that, and it has been a joy. :Yay
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

liermans wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 9:52 pm I was not aware my location was not showing, Ive been looking in my profile settings but can't find any option for that, can you point me in the right direction?
acourtjester wrote:
I'm sure most of us here understand this is a world wide site, the OP asked for how to show his location. Many don't give a location as an option, and there is nothing wrong with that. I have communicated with many that I will never see, but the web allows us to do that, and it has been a joy. :Yay
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like
Pspider Support
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Pspider Support »

David

Ya, that's unintentional, no fee should be required to add your location, it was just a default permission that existed that we were unaware of. We have resolved that now and appreciate you guys bringing this to light. Try adding your location Rodw and let me know if you have any issues. :Like :Like
Pspider Support
Contact Me via PM
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

Pspider Support wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:21 am Try adding your location Rodw and let me know if you have any issues. :Like :Like
Now it works!
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

Don't worry about the noise rodw it just the cruise missile looking for your street address :HaHa :HaHa sorry the devil made me say that :HaHa :HaHa
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

acourtjester wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 1:54 pm Don't worry about the noise rodw it just the cruise missile looking for your street address :HaHa :HaHa sorry the devil made me say that :HaHa :HaHa
Fortunately, Brisbane Australia is one of the largest cities in the world by area so I feel pretty safe still :)
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Pspider Support wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:21 am
David

Ya, that's unintentional, no fee should be required to add your location, it was just a default permission that existed that we were unaware of. We have resolved that now and appreciate you guys bringing this to light. Try adding your location Rodw and let me know if you have any issues. :Like :Like
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like
Pspider Support
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Pspider Support »

Rodw wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:48 pm
Pspider Support wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:21 am Try adding your location Rodw and let me know if you have any issues. :Like :Like
Now it works!
Awesome :Like :Like
Pspider Support
Contact Me via PM

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”