Difficulty with innovative equipment Pc-14 plasma cutter

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Gardomlakekid
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Difficulty with innovative equipment Pc-14 plasma cutter

Post by Gardomlakekid »

Just purchased a PC-14 plasma cutter from a company out of Prince George BC Canada called ,RJR equipment innovations and having nothing but facing issues , have used it 5 times , 3 of them the unit completely failed to move past the initial arc into cutting and melts consumeables immediately , sent it back they said torch wires loose in handle of Panasonic torch repaired , tested X2 cuts sent back , I cut 1/8 alum parts for a toolbox for about 2 hrs intermittently worked perfect no consumeables wasted , lit up on cue Lotsa power ,following day , same power supply air supply and material and operator ,shitty little blue spark skids along material and nukes both electrode and nozzle makes my welder kick down when this heavy draw occurs producing no cut , consumeables garbage , me pissed off , tried alternative power and air sources tested all sources X2 any thoughts or experience with this company / behavior of machine? Thanks
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Difficulty with innovative equipment Pc-14 plasma cutter

Post by weldguy »

The first thing I would look for is bad air supply. You mentioned trying a different air supply but keep in mind that if you have moisture and or oil sitting in the possibly 25 foot long torch lead even fresh air won't help. A little bit of oil is all it takes to grenade your electrode, even water will a lot of damage very quickly. Signs of dirty air are black or grey carbon deposits on your electrode and in your nozzle, you will see these stains in a swirling pattern following the path of the air.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”