Premier Plasma help anyone?

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
JosephVasseur
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Premier Plasma help anyone?

Post by JosephVasseur »

Just picked up a used premier plasma cnc table. I have all wiring connected right (hopefully) and I’m not getting any power to the control board. When I plug the usb into the control board, it lights up then light quickly goes out. Anyone ever run into this situation? Does anyone have an owners manual for wiring on the premier plasma brand so I can double choke my wiring?
Thanks in advance
Beerbudget5
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Premier Plasma help anyone?

Post by Beerbudget5 »

There is no wiring diagram in the manual. It does mention making sure you have the USB and parallel cable hooked up. The table will not function properly unless both are hooked up.
JosephVasseur
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JosephVasseur »

I have them hooked up, it just doesn’t power up the control board. Light turns on, then quickly goes out
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

Do you have other USB devices hooked up to the computer there may not be enough power to run the things connected.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
JosephVasseur
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by JosephVasseur »

Let me try that
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Could be a problem with one of the motor drives or another component that is pulling a lot of current when you plug it in so the LED lights up until the power supply shuts down to prevent itself from frying.

Try unplugging the power supply output from the controller and then plug the power supply into its 110v source again and it likely has a LED on it that will light up and stay on. Next plug the power supply output back into the controller and if the power supply shuts down and LED goes out that's the issue.

From there start unplugging boards from the controller 1 by 1 until you find out which board is shorting out the power supply. Worth a try although I am not familiar with your particular controller.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”