What to go with ?!

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
xtremist
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

What to go with ?!

Post by xtremist »

hey guys

im new here, and am thinking about buying a table in the next few months after things slow down a bit and ill be able to have some spare time to commit to assembling/playing with one. or maybe i should say learning, as ive never had anything to do with cnc. any ideas on what to go with ? how hard is it to learn the software side of it ? i would like to stay around the 10k or less mark.... ive researched it a little bit, ive seen lots of good reviews on premiers stuff, ive even sent him a few messages but he doesnt seem to really want to deal with me, maybe because im a canadian i dont know. anyone have any opinions, experiences etc that theyd like to share ?

thanks for the input
landon
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: What to go with ?!

Post by acourtjester »

Where are you located I know a guy in Alberta that may help with learning software if you visit.
Maybe someone here know of a manufacturer up there.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
ben de lappe
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by ben de lappe »

Hi Landon and welcome.
In order to determine which setup would serve you best it would best serve you to know what you intend to manufacture with said setup. :-D In other words any specific market do you wish to enter, are you wanting to make art or parts? There's many ways to get a table. You can research and build your own. Many members here have done so and are very satisfied with their results and have posted more than a few build threads here. Search feature works wonders. :-D Personally speaking drawing is the most difficult aspect associated with cnc plasma to master. Whatever you decide to go with as soon as you know what CAD you wish to use get it and start practicing. Even if it's months before you start your actual build get familiar with it and put time in often as you can. Practice, familiarization and determination is all it takes.
xtremist
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by xtremist »

im also in alberta actually, an hour north of calgary. i dont have any experience personally using cad programs, so i cant say one way or another about a "preference" haha. i dont really have a specific use in mind per se, id like to be able to do some metal art, there are certainly some awesome stuff done in that area that i wouldnt mind doing, but at the same time i dont really wnt to be limited to just that... i am a certified welder and an experienced custom fabricator by hand, and i could see this machine lending quite a hand in regards to custom fab...
xtremist
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by xtremist »

ben de lappe wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:15 pm Hi Landon and welcome.
In order to determine which setup would serve you best it would best serve you to know what you intend to manufacture with said setup. :-D In other words any specific market do you wish to enter, are you wanting to make art or parts? There's many ways to get a table. You can research and build your own. Many members here have done so and are very satisfied with their results and have posted more than a few build threads here. Search feature works wonders. :-D Personally speaking drawing is the most difficult aspect associated with cnc plasma to master. Whatever you decide to go with as soon as you know what CAD you wish to use get it and start practicing. Even if it's months before you start your actual build get familiar with it and put time in often as you can. Practice, familiarization and determination is all it takes.
do have a good cad recomendation ? wheres a good place to get it, whats it worth ?

thanks
53hudson
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by 53hudson »

Hi Landon I am in Alberta also and I sent you a private message re visiting me along with my phone number.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

I would recommend Inkscape it is free and fairly easy to learn, there are thousands of video tutorials on YouTube that discus a function at a time. It will do simple CAD works, not a full blown CAD program but will help to wrap your mind around the concept.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
ben de lappe

Post by ben de lappe »

xtremist wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:02 pm do have a good cad recomendation ? wheres a good place to get it, whats it worth ? thanks
As Ac states Inkscape would probably be the ticket. Many people use it with success, I however haven't really tried to learn it as I'm as old school and stubborn as they come...and currently without the time to devote to learning new software. :Yay
xtremist
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by xtremist »

ill check it out, thanks for the help guys

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”