Multicam vs Fab-cut

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Syndicate
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Multicam vs Fab-cut

Post by Syndicate »

Hey,
im new to cnc and looking to get a 5x10 table.
i will mostly be cutting 3/8 plate and the odd time 2" plate for sprockets
Multicam apparently is top end for cnc
Fab cut is new to the game.

i do not want to have to buy a $20,000 plasma cutter for the odd time i do 2"plate
so im pushing more to the fabcut
Fab cut offers a plasma and a torch head for dual options (powermax 65 and a number 3 torch tip will do the trick)
Multicam is plasma only
But i hear fabcut support is garbage and also that the torch head that they have attached will
warp the gantry and in no time the table will be trash. Due to the heat put off from the cutting of the torch)

Anyone have an opinion on using a torch head on the FABCUT system? i know the gantry is made of steel and is slower the multicam

Multicams is made of alum and thats why they wouldn't dare put a torch on.
Ironken
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Multicam vs Fab-cut

Post by Ironken »

I have ZERO experience with either system that you mention. I have however owned two tables. You said that you heard Fabcut customer support is crap.......RUN! The support is as important as the machine. Without it, you have a $20,000.00 boat anchor should something go wrong. Even the best machines can and will have an issue here and there and without support, you are dead in the water. My best bud has an LDR and is very pleased and Dan (owner) always responds to emails. The LDR offers a gas axe (oxy torch) option. I have a JD2 and love it but no oxy torch option that I am aware of.
gallowayr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by gallowayr »

Did you purchase a machine?
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by grindergary »

Fab cut is not the place to go. Poor customer service, lies, lies lies
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
Syndicate
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Syndicate »

gallowayr wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:06 am Did you purchase a machine?
yes i bought a multicam machine
Syndicate
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Syndicate »

grindergary wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 5:58 pm Fab cut is not the place to go. Poor customer service, lies, lies lies
what happened if you dont mind me asking
grindergary

Post by grindergary »

They sent wrong parts. We ordered for a router set up. They sent plasma. The Z axis had movement in the unit so it would not cut at a set depth. There were parts missing. Bolts were not tight. We built the base frame to their specs. Gantry would not fit. They said they had tested before shipping. Not a chance. They sent 3/8" gear rack. Was supposed to be 1/2" Guess what? motors don't fit cause brackets were designed for 1/2". we modified them but still not right.
We heard every excuse, guy that set it up was not employed there anymore. They did send a new Z axis, but had to argue with him.
Like I say, I am not happy with them. I lost alot of work because of them and some customers who could not wait any longer.

They were selling Precision plasma gantry and CandCNC controllers. Then he started to build his own.
I have had previous experience when he was here in Edmonton. He had a welding supply place. It was a shit show too.

Take it for what it is worth, but almost any table manufacturer out there in Canada is better than his bullshit.

Gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
Syndicate
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Syndicate »

grindergary wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 10:34 am They sent wrong parts. We ordered for a router set up. They sent plasma. The Z axis had movement in the unit so it would not cut at a set depth. There were parts missing. Bolts were not tight. We built the base frame to their specs. Gantry would not fit. They said they had tested before shipping. Not a chance. They sent 3/8" gear rack. Was supposed to be 1/2" Guess what? motors don't fit cause brackets were designed for 1/2". we modified them but still not right.
We heard every excuse, guy that set it up was not employed there anymore. They did send a new Z axis, but had to argue with him.
Like I say, I am not happy with them. I lost alot of work because of them and some customers who could not wait any longer.

They were selling Precision plasma gantry and CandCNC controllers. Then he started to build his own.
I have had previous experience when he was here in Edmonton. He had a welding supply place. It was a shit show too.

Take it for what it is worth, but almost any table manufacturer out there in Canada is better than his bullshit.

Gary

Ahhh good to hear.. Mine was alot more expencive and dont get me wrong they sent wrong parts, forgot software, and i have had alot of issues aswell... but the one thing i do appreciate is if they cant fix it on the phone that day, they send a tech out to fix it for me... unless its an american holiday or too late in the day im usually up and running right away. I do have mixed feelings about mine. but im glad its not fabcut. sorry to hear that gary! hope your up and running and back to making some profit!!
gallowayr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by gallowayr »

@ Syndicate: Which model of the Multicam did you buy?
Syndicate
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Syndicate »

vseries
Last edited by Syndicate on Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Syndicate
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Syndicate »

gallowayr wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:24 am @ Syndicate: Which model of the Multicam did you buy?
v series... wouldnt recommend it at this point... The sales man sold me on it like it was amazing...
when i have issues and talk to tech support they are blown away im cutting 1" plate on it and should never do it
The sales guy told me i could all day long.
i told the sales guy i wanted a quote on a water table. They sold me a downdraft table.
The vseries table is silicon sheets together ... they are separating and i can see through the floor of the bed
Tech says they barley sell the vseries... i suggest they stop selling them to fab shops and only sell them to garage owners who
wont use it daily.
gallowayr
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by gallowayr »

Syndicate,

i am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the machine. I will reach out to the local office and provide attention to this.
ScottFab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ScottFab »

Hello, my name is Scott, and I work for Fabcut. I would like to say that I think we pride ourselves with our customer service. If you call with a problem, an actual human answers to help out. And our tech members are extremely reliable with their problem solving abilities. I am sorry to those that have had any negative experience, but we go above and beyond for our customers. We have a large amount of systems on the market, and our client base is staggering. We have not grown this company to this point by selling faulty cheap systems. The reviews from our customers, of our systems and service are always on point, happy and pleased. We are so blessed to have such great customers, and our growth is thanks to all the people that have chosen to buy from our company. Thanks for reading.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”