Practical CNC table part needed

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Practical CNC table part needed

Post by Scratch »

I need a new X-shaft for my old 4'x8' (5'/10') Practical CNC table. It's about 4" long and maybe 1/4" thick. I had a few of them but just broke my last one about a week ago. I used to have a part number PCNC gave me for a replacement from McMaster Carr, but I can't find the number anymore.

I've replaced it with a drill bit and it seems to be working fine, but I'd rather get a few shafts on hand. Does anyone happen to know a replacement part number for it?
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
Brand X
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Practical CNC table part needed

Post by Brand X »

No part #,but I think i have one shaft laying around. Stepper setup though.. I think a CNC router parts upgrade could be made to your table, and also upgrade those parts to not fail ever again. Using a lot of your Practical parts too.. I even used the old Z rail setup, and made a decent upgrade to the drive screws for next to nothing in $$$

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Nicholas A. Ball
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Practical CNC table part needed

Post by Nicholas A. Ball »

Scratch wrote: Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:05 pm I need a new X-shaft for my old 4'x8' (5'/10') Practical CNC table. It's about 4" long and maybe 1/4" thick. I had a few of them but just broke my last one about a week ago. I used to have a part number PCNC gave me for a replacement from McMaster Carr, but I can't find the number anymore.

I've replaced it with a drill bit and it seems to be working fine, but I'd rather get a few shafts on hand. Does anyone happen to know a replacement part number for it?
I would use the points where the legs are attached to attach the sling to, these being the support points for keeping the table's shape.
It would also help to have some method to absorb any movement shock that would be transmitted from the tractor during the trip.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”