Cutting Edge Plasma

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
james1012
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Cutting Edge Plasma

Post by james1012 »

I have not found a lot of info about these tables. anybody have one?

Thanks
IUCTX
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Cutting Edge Plasma

Post by IUCTX »

james1012 wrote:I have not found a lot of info about these tables. anybody have one?

Thanks
I am currently dealing with them, horrible experience.
RDillon
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by RDillon »

IUCTX, Can you elaborate on your experience? Thanks
cpbill
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by cpbill »

I just received mine nice table tech support is good.
skilbourn
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by skilbourn »

We bought one of their tables in disassembled form and are working on getting it put together. If you buy from them have them assemble it as the instructions are really crude and missing a lot of information.
Support is spotty. I have sent emails asking questions and got an immediate answer and I have been ignored completely. I did not have much luck calling; always got voicemail and no return call.
The table that we ordered was 6weeks late on the 4week lead time that he gave us. I think he is completely overwhelmed with business. The design of the table is reasonable and I think it will work as a starting point. I'm guessing that we will need to go heavier at some point.
ZKB
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ZKB »

I have had my table for a week. It took 5 weeks to get it I was promised 3 to 5 weeks lead time. I agree that the instructions are not great but it is very simple to put together and wire. Support from Matt is spotty and I agree that he is probably overwhelmed.
I think for a starter table it should be good to get in the cutting game.
RDillon
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by RDillon »

I bought a 4x8 from him. Assembled. I think y'all are right. Matt is most assuredly overwhelmed at times, I believe he is probably doing more than one man can do. I feel like we've all been there before! Anyway, my table is fine, works fine, this is all new to me as well, but I am getting some work done with it. I can't remember exactly, but I've probably had mine since April. Mostly weekend work so far. Randy
ktkamm
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by ktkamm »

Does this table run on Mach 3 software? Thanks
ZKB
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ZKB »

I can't remember the name right now But it is on there web sie
RDillon
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by RDillon »

ktkamm wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:51 am Does this table run on Mach 3 software? Thanks
It is my understanding that it used to be Mach 3, but mine isn't. New software. It is IPlasma, I believe. This is my first experience with any of it, so I can't compare to Mach3...
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tcaudle »

Its a MyPlasmaCNC system product from Proma...the people in Poland that brought you the Compact Proma 150 THC and the Proma SD. Bare bones BOB and integrated THC with built in ohmic sense. free software. Max 4 motors , two aux outputs, USB to PC for interface (not Ethernet) . USB to THC remote pickup module . 5 page installation manual . 9 page software manual. WIN 7 - 10 only. No router, No oxy fuel, no engraving/plate marker support.

Builder supplies 24V power for the Proma module and separate power for motors and drivers.
ktkamm
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by ktkamm »

Thanks for the info.
Hjammer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Hjammer »

ktkamm wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 7:51 am Does this table run on Mach 3 software? Thanks
Matts tables use
MyPlasm CNC from
https://www.proma-elektronika.com/
Hjammer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Hjammer »

I am working with Matt to purchase a new 4x4 table now. He provided some local users so that I can go and see the table in action and talk with the owner/user. I looked at the XCrossfire, Wright, Delusional Designs, and several other tables and so far this is the most promising from what I have found. A big perk is that Matt is "local" (2 hours from me).

I will update as I move forward.
Piechow
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Piechow »

Why do I keep clicking on stuff, yet another table in the $5k range for me to ponder.. It seems like all of the tables in this bracket share similar disadvantages.
Hjammer
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Hjammer »

Piechow wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 9:07 pm Why do I keep clicking on stuff, yet another table in the $5k range for me to ponder.. It seems like all of the tables in this bracket share similar disadvantages.
I had the same problem I finally bit the bullet so to speak and ordered from Matt, I get my table in about 3 weeks. I have talked with him about all the feedback I read through and it sounds like he has or is willing to address anything that comes up. We will see soon enough.
Midwest Native
Cutting Edge 4x8 water table
HT PM 45XP
To do list thats 45 pages long
Tim the Tool Man
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Tim the Tool Man »

I just got CEP 's latest 4x4 table, Iplasma 4400hd. It isn't pictured on their website. I stopped over to look at the 4x4 table, they are only 1/2 hour away from me. Was talking with Matt and he told me about this one, which is more money, but it is built like a tank. The table will support a router even if the controls will not. Matt says that router support may be an option in the future. Machine has rack and pinion drives, came completely set up. I got a demo on the software when I picked it up. It was all pre-loaded on the laptop that was furnished with the table.

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

RDillon
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by RDillon »

Looks really nice. I think I am a little jealous...
Tim the Tool Man
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Will post results once i get it all set up. I do not have a specific use for this table. Rather just thought it would be a nice addition to the tool arsenal for the variety of things I do in my workshop. I might make some signs for friends but mostly for cutting out parts for tools and other projects.
C&Z
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by C&Z »

I've had my 4x8 for about a year now and it's getting a little frustrating to be honest. So far I've replaced 3 drivers and ive got another 2 on order because I think one of the new ones failed again. Customer service is good when purchasing and are in the early stages but now I cant even get him on the phone anymore.
I understand being a young business owner myself how crazy things can get but when I've got a 6k table in the corner of my shop not working it makes me angry. I've been trying to troubleshoot it alone since "customer service" isnt much help. I sent him a message Friday and he got back with me Sunday.
C&Z
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by C&Z »

Table seems to be back up and running, I was down for a week. Problem was one of the new drivers replaced last month failed.
I've got a spare driver just in case. Hopefully it lasts longer than the month old one.
Tim the Tool Man
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

20191116_163544.jpg
Got my table up and running. No real issues. Got things tidied up. Added wheels. Now I just need to learn to draw out simple brackets ether in Inkscape or fusion 360. I can do it in fusion but the time it takes to save as .dfx seems quite long even for simple things.

minnfatz
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by minnfatz »

C&Z wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:32 pm Table seems to be back up and running, I was down for a week. Problem was one of the new drivers replaced last month failed.
I've got a spare driver just in case. Hopefully it lasts longer than the month old one.
Are the controllers expensive or hard to get? I am currently running a table with controls from CandCNC and I am tired of only getting support through an online forum. I haven't even had my controller 3 years and it is obsolete enough that they don't have phone support anymore.

Does anyone have pictures of the cut quality?
Tim the Tool Man
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

things seem to be working OK

RDillon
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by RDillon »

Looks real good. Did you use Inkscape?

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”