Eagle Plasma controller issues

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
TheRo0sTer
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Eagle Plasma controller issues

Post by TheRo0sTer »

I need some help! The shop I help out at bought a brand new Eagle Plasma table. I was able to figure out the SheetCam software, loaded all the setting per their manual and then their advice from on a phone. Here is what is happening. With the first controller the Y Axis started to move and then it made some racket like it was fighting itself to more and then it would cut the power out to the THC. With the second controller the X Axis started to move and then it made some racket like it was fighting itself to more and then it would cut the power out to the THC. With the third controller the Z Axis starts to move and then it made some racket like it was fighting itself to more and then it would cut the power out to the THC. We took the cable from Y plugged it into X on the first box and then X stopped working correctly, but then Y worked. We took the cable from X plugged it into Y on the second box and then Y stopped working correctly, but then X worked. We took the cable from Z plugged it into X on the this box and then X stopped working correctly, but then Z worked. This cancels out any motors being bad or cables.

I'm posting in hopes that someone else has chased their tails until they come up with the answer. When we've called EP I get "This has never happened and we'll send you another box." That's fine and dandy, but we are losing money. We have to cut our parts on a bandsaw and this piece of equipment sitting there is causing extra work and time. HELP!!! :?
Mtw fdu
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Eagle Plasma controller issues

Post by Mtw fdu »

We took the cable from Y plugged it into X on the first box and then X stopped working correctly, but then Y worked. We took the cable from X plugged it into Y on the second box and then Y stopped working correctly, but then X worked. We took the cable from Z plugged it into X on the this box and then X stopped working correctly, but then Z worked. This cancels out any motors being bad or cables.

I am no expert but what you have explained above seems to me the input connections have been incorrectly labelled on the controller box.
If you play around with the cables with this in mind it may help.

Mtw fdu.
Camcutcnc 4 x 4 plasma cutter with UC 100 Motion Controller
Powermax 45 with Machine Torch
Bobcad V27 and Mach 3
Proma THC
Now with Rotary Axis
Laser cross hairs
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by acourtjester »

You may have bad wiring if you loose the DIR signal the stepper tries to move but don't have direction signal and fights itself. You can check the DIR signal for each axis with a meter one one direction you will have +5 volts then change direction and it should show zero volts. Use the arrow keys to change directions. The right and left keys are for X, up and down are for Y, and page up and page down are for Z. Another thing is going into Mach and reducing the velocity and acceleration by 25% and have the ratio of acceleration to velocity about 1/4 (100 acceleration to 25 velocity) to see if that helps.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
TheRo0sTer
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by TheRo0sTer »

3 different boxes with that same issue on the different axis? I would think if I had a repeat then it cables, but 3 boxes same cables going to each axis, 3 different issues. The company said noise from the torch... I told them I was running the cut file without a torch. NEXT??? :roll: I'll have the owner buy a new cable for the z as a test, but it seems like a shot in the dark. Only because they are color coded and the same cables came out of the X, Y & Z into their location on the box. You can see our frustration with this equipment, I think it might be time to cut the cord and send it back. Have the company soak up the loss and head else where.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”