B&B Systems cnc tables

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

B&B Systems cnc tables

Post by bigcreek »

Have any of you guys heard of a company called B&B Systems in McCall, ID? It looks like a beast of a table they build. Im going to take a trip up there to check it out as their 5x10 / 5x12 is of interest to me. He said the 5x10 weighs right around 2200# which is considerably more than what my Sampson weighs. Of course that is with a water table. It comes as an actual built/welded table, not in a kit or bolt together form. If anyone has any experiences with this table Id love to hear them. Thanks
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: B&B Systems cnc tables

Post by jimcolt »

I have never seen a B&B table. If you can get a website address or details on the machine I would be happy to review it and offer my thoughts (37 years + working with over 100 cnc plasma table manufacturers).

Generally you will see heavier table construction in more industrial machines....and in most cases more weight equals more cost. In some cases, if the moving parts (ganty, torch carriage, etc.) are a lot heavier, this affects motion in terms of the machines ability to accelerate (plasma, for best cut quality on thin materials, needs excellent acceleration and speed capability to around 300 inches per minute), so larger motors or servodrive technology may be needed to allow good acceleration throughout the speed range.

The PlasmaCam Samson machine is extremely lightweight and uses servos....so excellent acceleration and speeds, however the lightweight construction concerns some in terms of long term performance.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
Bigrhamr
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Bigrhamr »

cutting$burning
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cutting$burning »

Hi, I have a B&B table and responded to the thread in the General Forum topic which is where I seen the thread first. If you're interested see my reply in the General Forum. thanks D
bigcreek
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by bigcreek »

Thanks guys for the replies. I thought I would put this on the other general section as well because I didn't think too many people would see it under this forum. Jim any input you give I would consider quite valuable and I appreciate your willingness to help. cutting$burning I will respond to you on the other thread. Thank you.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”