Any Multicam Users Out There?

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
highlandjeeper
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Any Multicam Users Out There?

Post by highlandjeeper »

Just wondering what some other's reviews are on the Multicam tables. I work with a Multicam 3000/HPR260. It is the first table I have worked with so I don't know how they rate in the real world. From personal experience, we have a multitude of small glitches that get rather annoying, most of which are software or firmware related. For instance, I had to reboot the machine 4 times this afternoon as it was giving me odd errors for no reason. Other than these, the table works very well. One concern I do have with its cut quality is that it seems to cut pretty straight with very little bevel, but many times it will bevel just one side (IIRC, it is when it travels negative Y). I have checked and even replaced all of the consumables although they appeared good and had the same end result.

The overall construction of our table is not all that impressive. We have had to reweld at leats one seam as the factory weld had no penetration. For a table rated to cut 12' sheets, I don't understand why they didn't make the table at least 2"-3" longer as a 12' sheet is a tight fit. One complaint from a maintainance aspect is the construction of the bed and the slats that hold the material. It is always a big job to disassemble, clean, and replace the slats. We are trying to design a better system that will not build up with slag as much, especially in the center.

The software that we use is ProNest, of which I believe is over-rated and probably over-priced as well.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”