looking for help with proma sd

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Foxmartin1
1/2 Star Elite Contributing Member
1/2 Star Elite Contributing Member

looking for help with proma sd

Post by Foxmartin1 »

So i am having an issue with the thc on my delusional designs freedom series. the table is held together with my tears, but that is besides the point. today i think my proma sd fried while i was putting on a new motor(x axis slave motor) and stepper driver(z axis) i know i accidently swapped the step and dir wires. i can get my proma to work properly during a test cycle, but not during an actual cut sequence. i have tried a new cnc shield for the Arduino and that did not help with the issue. the Arduino is passing all checks so i know that is not the issue. it may be the relays but i can do much about that till Thursday when the new one shows up. in the mean time is there any way to troubleshoot the proma sd?
sonbakler
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: looking for help with proma sd

Post by sonbakler »

Ok, I don't have any experience with your equipment but I had to reply after the laugh I got reading your post...held together with my tears lol

I could very well be wrong but I don't think that swapping the set and dir wires would cause any damage, just wouldn't function properly.

Mixing up the output wires to the motor could cause an issue but if your test cycle moves the motor up and down and down like a test cycle I am familiar with then your motor wiring is good.

Anyway sorry I can't be of any help but thanks for the laugh and I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”