Need Help with TruCut XT Plasma Setup

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
clgrams
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Need Help with TruCut XT Plasma Setup

Post by clgrams »

We just acquired a TruCut XT plasma table from a local school and they do not have any information or the setup USB stick that came with the machine. Somehow the computer was messed up and files were deleted and now we have to configure Mach4 to run the table. I have been manually following the wires to configure the ports, but I have ran into a snag. My understanding is that there was a configuration file sent with the machine, but as I stated before, it is now gone and I need the file to configure the ports and pins to make this machine move. I can get the computer to connect to the controller and the ESS is setup correctly, but with the pins and ports not configured properly, the motors won't move. Anyone have the files or the original information they can send to me or point me where I can get it?

Thanks.

Curt
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Need Help with TruCut XT Plasma Setup

Post by acourtjester »

Does the control board show the pin numbers on the board?? Are the drivers marked as to the axis they are for, does the table have 3 of 4 motors??
Here is the operator's manual for that table with Mach 4 you can download.
https://docplayer.net/92464717-Operator ... of-47.html

here is a video that looks like a operational tutorial for that table
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
clgrams
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by clgrams »

Thank you for the links, but I already have the document that you are referencing. It does have 4 motors, 3 ESS motors and a stepper motor for the Z axis. The part of the documentation that is causing issue is the part where it says that you must insert the USB drive sent with the machine so that it will configure the ports and pins in Mach4 or Mach3. The documentation does not give you what port and pin is associated with what motor limit switches. In fact, on p1 pin13, it has 3 limit switches connected to it, one for the Z, Y, and X2 motors. I have never seen that before. Usually each LS has its own port and pin config. There is also "K1" and "K2" relay that I am not sure if it goes to the torch, motor activation or something else. So, if someone has the USB that is sent with the machine and could send me the files on it, that would be the big help.

Thanks.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

If you have a license for Mach 4 (if its like Mach 3 there will be a name in the upper left corner). If so have you tried to contact Mach, it sounds like they had a special screen set for their table. The file you want has a extension .xml (Plasma.xml), not sure how helpful they will be!!
Are the 2 relays on a small board that the limit switch circuit goes to. If so they may have used an electronics package from CandCNC. You may try contacting them to see if the can help, the owner is/was a member here. Bad news they (TruCut) may have priority software for each table and only the original USB stick will work to configure the table again. This is similar to a license, if that is the case you will need to get a new controller and software to get the table operational. You most likely will be able to use the motors, drivers, and power supplies.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
hayesbr1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Need Help with TruCut Plasma Setup

Post by hayesbr1 »

I am setting my trucut seriesone system up on a new computer. I was following Rosses Video on installation and shows I am supposed to have a sheetcam folder on my usb drive. But its not on my flash drive or on the backup a made a year ago. I need the processor 'TruCutCNC_Rev6c.scpost'. Do yall know where I can get a copy?
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Is your old computer completely dead? It must be on that hard drive somewhere.
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

If you have a valid license for SheetCam (sold with the Trucut table) you may be able to contact Les at SheetCam for help. Having the original buyer's info may help, the post processor will not help without SheetCam. If you have a license you can just download SheetCam and plug it in and start using it.
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
clgrams
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by clgrams »

Hayesbr1,

Here is the Rev9 post processor. I am assuming it is for Mach4 as I tried the Rev6 and it does not work with Mach4. Do you have 4 or 3? I have a link to a shared folder on Google with both of the files. Let me know if you have an issue accessing them.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

C

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”