Langumir systems?

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
Browndog

Langumir systems?

Post by Browndog » Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:16 pm

Has anyone tried one of these? Seems incredibly cheap. I did a search for them on here and nothing came up?

acourtjester
Elite Contributing Member

Re: Langumir systems?

Post by acourtjester » Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:06 pm

There are a fair number of members here that have one, you should get a reply soon from one or more. There are a lot of YouTube videos about them too.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

jmersereau

Post by jmersereau » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:00 pm

I have the Pro and it's great. Any specific questions let me know. They have an awesome support forum... https://forum.langmuirsystems.com/
Jim
PrimeWeld CUT60
Langmuir CrossFire Pro
LightBurn, SheetCAM, FireControl
YESWELDER Digital MIG-205DS MIG

Browndog

Post by Browndog » Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:40 am

I ordered mine about a month ago I'm expecting it sometime next month and the excitement is killing me. In the meantime I've been making room in the garage and getting everything set up. I think the first real cut after the test cuts will be a sign for the shop!

adbuch

Post by adbuch » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:26 pm

Browndog wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 7:40 am
I ordered mine about a month ago I'm expecting it sometime next month and the excitement is killing me. In the meantime I've been making room in the garage and getting everything set up. I think the first real cut after the test cuts will be a sign for the shop!
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like

Wsidr1

Post by Wsidr1 » Sat May 29, 2021 10:42 am

i ordered the Corssfire Pro last week. Per the website and confirmation email, delivery is "July". I hope that means early July.... and 2021, not 2022! :HaHa Langmuir is discounting their price by $250 due to the shipping delay.

I need to get the Windows updated on the laptop I plan to use. Win 7 will not run Autodesk software. Need minimum of Win 8.
Like someone above said, I am going to get my garage area setup, read, get my software ready/learn to use, then wait.

adbuch

Post by adbuch » Sat May 29, 2021 4:23 pm

Wsidr1 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 10:42 am
Win 7 will not run Autodesk software. Need minimum of Win 8.
Not true! I run Autodesk Fusion 360 on several Widows 7 computers with no problems whatsoever. But since Windows 7 and 8 are no longer supported by Microsoft, Windows 10 is recommend as the safest way to use Fusion 360 (or any other internet based programs).
David

Blackslacks

Post by Blackslacks » Sat May 29, 2021 7:47 pm

I use Windows 7 and run Autocad 2012, Autocad 2020, AutoCad Inventor Professional 2020 and Solidworks with no problem. Don't use Fusion 360 though.

Wsidr1

Post by Wsidr1 » Sun May 30, 2021 10:28 am

Blackslacks wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:47 pm
I use Windows 7 and run Autocad 2012, Autocad 2020, AutoCad Inventor Professional 2020 and Solidworks with no problem. Don't use Fusion 360 though.
Yeah, Autodesk website says minimum of Win 8.1. Thanks for the suggestions, but I bought Win10 yesterday.

I have two laptops and both have Win7, so I figured getting Fusion setup on one of them was a good excuse to upgrade to Win10. If all goes well with install, the Dell Latitude will get 10. It will move to the garage full time when I get my cutting table.

ctgolfer1

Post by ctgolfer1 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:43 pm

I have had the Crossfire XL for about 2 years now, one of the best tools I have ever bought. To be fair I did not buy it to make a living off of, I bought it to do a job that it did very well and now it is just a toy that I use once or twice a week. I spent around $5000
(Machine included) to build many unique stainless signs that would have cost $30,000 to have built. Now I cut parts for the farm and race parts for various teams but I do not charge anyone for it.
I had absolutely no cad/cam experience and I was able to teach myself all of it thanks to the great forum Langmuir has.
I have never contacted Langmuir for any parts or help, the machine just keeps cutting for me.
There are no nasty software update fees like most machines hit you with so once you own it that is it. I would buy another in a minute if I needed to. If I were going to do plasma for a living I would buy their new Pro machine as the small,inexpensive Xl machine is light duty but does everything it is intended to do.
Good luck man, it is a great.machine.
Last edited by ctgolfer1 on Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

adbuch

Post by adbuch » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:35 am

ctgolfer1 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 2:43 pm
I have had the Crossfire XL for about 2 years now, one of the best tools I have ever bought. To be fair I did not buy it to make a living off of, I bought it to do a job that it did very well and now it is just a toy that I use once or twice a week. I spent around $5000
(Machine included) to build many unique stainless signs that would have cost $30,000 to have built. Now I cut parts for the farm and race parts for various teams but I do not charge anyone for it.
I had absolutely no cad/cam experience and I was able to teach myself all of it thanks to the great forum Langmuir has.
I have never contacted Langmuir with for any parts or help, the machine just keeps cutting for me.
There are no nasty software update fees like most machines hit you with so once you own it that is it. I would buy another in a minute if I needed to. If I were going to do plasma for a living I would buy their new Pro machine as the small,inexpensive Xl machine is light duty but does everything it is intended to do.
Good luck man, it is a great.machine.
I am very happy to hear that! I have several friends who purchased the original Crossfire several years ago and they are very happy with their machines. Langmuir also has some good Fusion 360 tutorials which I would highly recommend to anyone just starting out and wanting to learn/use Fusion 360.
David

Return to “Various Manufacturers”

Industry Pros use FastCut CNC