Trucut CNC Plasma Table Need Help!

Don't see your table manufacturer listed above? Post here in this forum.
BigDogsMetalWorks
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Trucut CNC Plasma Table Need Help!

Post by BigDogsMetalWorks »

Ok gonna throw this out and see if anyone can help me. I have no experience with Trucut and know very little about the machine in question, I have a Plasma Cam DHC2 that I use for hobby stuff and I know this setup is a lot different that what I have.

There is a local school system that has what I believe is a Trucut Series 1 plasma table with the water table and a Powermax 45xp plasma cutter. This unit was purchased a few years ago by the school system and the new shop teacher is trying to get it up and running. As far as I know it has been a while since the table was used and we have no idea how much it was used or how successful it was when used. Everyone involved with the initial purchase is no longer at the school. I have been working with him trying to help as much as I can with getting the machine back in working condition. We really know nothing about the machine and have no manuals other than the manual for the powermax 45. I know Trucut is no longer in business so they are out as a source of documentation.

Here is what information I have at this point. Turcut CNC table, Powermax 45xp, There are 2 PC's with the machine one has bobcad and sheetcam on it the other has Mach3. We have powered the machine up and been able to get everything to move and the cutter to fire. We opened a file in Mach3 and it appears to be functional. We were able to get it to try to cut a part but the THC is not working and it crashed the torch, but it did move correctly and fire the torch.

- From the pictures can someone confirm that this is a Series 1 machine..
- Does anyone have the manuals or documentation for this machine that they can or will share or at least point me to?
- Are there any resources that the teacher can use to teach himself how to configure and run the machine?
- What type of THC does this machine use and how do you control it?
- What is the small battery operated laser for is that just a tracer to show where you are going to cut?
- I am open to any help that someone can give me I have no experience with Mach3 and am acting as the middle man to help him get this going.

Thanks in advance
Kevin

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Trucut CNC Plasma Table Need Help!

Post by acourtjester »

You may try to contact Ramsey Customs - turbocobra on YouTube he has a Tru Cut table
my trucutcnc.com 4x8 Series1 plasma table
tru cut.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

from the photos, you don't need any info from trucut (except maybe for the thc)

it's running on mach3 (mountains of information available), https://www.machsupport.com/software/mach3/

via an ethernet smooth stepper (again lots of info available) https://warp9td.com/

and the breakout board looks like a PMDX 126 (and Steve is very helpful if you need his help on the mach3 forum)

https://www.pmdx.com/PMDX-126

what exactly do you need help with?

what is not working?
Last edited by robertspark on Fri Apr 02, 2021 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

the laser is just a marker or pointer to allow you to align the work.

does the pc have sheetcam installed as it may provide you with more info via the post processor.

the torch height controller appears to be via a plc (you will need to provide more photos and trace some of the wiring out)

if it is via the plc its control will be as a comparator.... that will be the custom black box..... see if sheetcam is installed and if it has a post processor set up for it which passes the target voltage to the plc via some sort of simple protocol.
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

https://docplayer.net/92464717-Operator ... of-47.html

this manual may be of help (it lists the m-codes
Tradersteve
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Tradersteve »

Someone was telling me you have to download new updates on computer how do you do this thanks Steve
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

Tradersteve wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 3:10 pm Someone was telling me you have to download new updates on computer how do you do this thanks Steve
I wouldn't do that just yet, it will likely open up a new can of worms and I suspect it worked fine before and from you stated in the original post everything seems to be working expect the THC. THC systems can take some time to understand however its really not that difficult.
Best way to test in my opinion is to draw a straight 12-24" line and cut a series of those to try and get it dialed in. Use the 45XP manual to obtain initial settings and cut some staright lines with the THC turned off. Once you are getting good results turn the THC on and set your arc voltage to 10 volts higher than the book says and try another line. If your torch is too high off the plate lower your arc voltage a few volts, if it is too low increase your arc voltage. Simply pause the machine mid cut and check the height with a feeler gauge, you need to find the arc voltage value that will maintain a .060" cut height. Try that a post back with your results.

Return to “Various Manufacturers Forum”