Langmuir Systems CrossFire or CrossFire Pro

Don't see your manufacturer? Post here and if we get enough action on that manufacturer we will add a forum
adbuch

Langmuir Systems CrossFire or CrossFire Pro

Post by adbuch » Tue Oct 22, 2019 10:13 pm

These look interesting. Does anyone on this forum own one? If so - what are your thoughts and impressions of your machine.
https://www.langmuirsystems.com/

David

ctgolfer1
Elite Contributing Member

Re: Langmuir Systems CrossFire or CrossFire Pro

Post by ctgolfer1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:25 am

I have been running one since April or so. Great machine. I love it. Very much fun to have around, there is a learning curve but even this old guy was able to get it. For a inexpensive machine it is very well built.

A lot of good information on Langmuir forum, bunch of folks willing to help.

adbuch

Post by adbuch » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 am

Did you get the Crossfire or the Pro model? I have a customer who bought the earlier version with no Z motor when they first came out. He had to try to learn how to use Fusion 360. I think he likes it. Did you get the ready to cut art disc files with your machine?
Thanks,
David

ctgolfer1

Post by ctgolfer1 » Wed Oct 23, 2019 8:59 am

adbuch wrote:
Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:31 am
Did you get the Crossfire or the Pro model? I have a customer who bought the earlier version with no Z motor when they first came out. He had to try to learn how to use Fusion 360. I think he likes it. Did you get the ready to cut art disc files with your machine?
Thanks,
David
I have the crossfire with the xl option installed. The Pro is not out yet, just pre-sold for January. There is no Z axis option from Langmuir out yet, it will be out in January or April for those of us that want to add it to our crossfire machines.
I do not have room in my shop for the Pro.
Z axis is a great feature but it is not required to do some good work with the Crossfire. I did have to learn Fusion 360 and I can run it pretty good now, just took some quiet time to concentrate on it to learn it. The Langmuir videos are good for learning it.
There are likely to be hundreds of used Crossfire machines on the market when the pro starts to ship. I am sure some great deals will be out there, it may be the way to go if you want to wait a few months. New is nice to have though.

I don't know what "ready to cut art disc files" you are referring to. There are thousands of cutable files on this forum you can download and cut for free. Langmuir has some files on their site as well for free.

Cyclonemfg

Post by Cyclonemfg » Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:00 pm

I just picked one up. For the money what a surprise!

adbuch

Post by adbuch » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Was it a "good" surprise? How do you like it so far?
David

ctgolfer1

Post by ctgolfer1 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 7:40 am

Cyclonemfg wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:00 pm
I just picked one up. For the money what a surprise!
Congrats man, you are going to love it.
Be patient learning it but the potential is unlimited.
For what I do with the Crossfire I don't think I have ever spent better money on a tool or piece of equipment then I have with the Langmuir. It just fits my needs perfectly, but.....I am not trying to make a living with it.
As I look back through my old cut files I realize I have cut a bunch of stuff that I could not have made before the Crossfire came along. If my only other choices were $5000+ machines I would not be cnc plasma cutting.

rccrazy30

Post by rccrazy30 » Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:18 pm

I've been a fan of Langmuir since the original crossfire came out. Both times I've been super quick on the order button. I think my crossfire was #42 and the new pro is #37. Because I was in Batch 1 for the original crossfire I was able to sell it for pretty much what I paid for it... so it made a lot of sense for $1000k to make the upgrade

I just got the last box in last week. These guys did a fantastic job on the packaging. Every large part is protected and wrapped. All the hardware Is individually bagged and numbered. All the instructions are right on their web site for the most part pretty easy to follow. I will admit I got myself turned around and put some things together backward :HaHa but easy enough to correct.

With the Pro table, they have gone away from using Mach 3 and have "Fire Control" at this point I haven't cut anything but have jogged the machine around and played with fire control. So far. I like what I see.

The difference between the Crossfire and the Crossfire Pro is drastic. Don't get me wrong the Crossfire is/was a decent machine. The pro feels super solid. You can walk up to it and try to shake it and nothing budges.

I'm already working on some modifications I want to make before I get to use the table. I'm adding a lower shelf to hold the Plasma cutter and a reservoir. I currently have the machine set up in my warehouse for my main company that has nothing to do with metalworking... We have A LOT of cardboard boxes. When I need to cut something or weld something I always try to do it away from the boxes and near a garage door. With the original crossfire, It was kind of a PITA every time I need to use it Id have to roll it out fill the water pan set up the plasma cutter, laptop, etc. It would take me about a half-hour to set up to cut a part that took 2 minutes. I'm hoping by self-containing everything I need to cut It will make me want to use the machine more.
plasma pro 2.jpg
Plasma Pro 3.jpg
plasma pro.jpg

You do not have access to view or download this file.
Become a Contributing Member to gain access to this feature. Click Here

PWCNC70

Post by PWCNC70 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:30 am

I have the original 2x2 and now the pro!
last box for the PRO just showed up few days ago.
the 2x2 has been great. ive ive cut a bunch of projects and parts.
with the demand for bigger items the 4x3 serves the purpose and the THC Is a definite +

Hole Shot Garage

Post by Hole Shot Garage » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:48 am

I have a Pro, just got mine running about 2 weeks ago . I am a totally green to CNC plasma tables this is my first . SO that being said I am very impressed with the table. First it was easy to follow directions for assembly. Second even a green horn like me was able to run a first cut with it. Third If you have any issues and i mean any with your table or software, Email the guys at Langmuir and they will respond very quickly . The only mistakes were my own when setting the table up. Langmuir has been spot on.

Return to “Various Manufacturers”

Industry Pros use FastCut CNC