Torchmate 4x4 growth-losing position

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
The Steel Silhouette
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torchmate 4x4 growth-losing position

Post by The Steel Silhouette »

A couple of months ago I purchased a new 4x4 growth system and every now and then I would create a program that while cutting would lose its position. wouldn't finish a cut and be off by 1/2 inch and the next cut would start that same amount off. I would insure the table was square, level and true, clean the ways and try recutting with the same program and again it would be off, sometimes in the same location, sometimes not. I could rewrite the program from scratch and it would work. The second time it happened, the bottoms of the letters stepped up about 1/4" inch in between,I looked at the "G-Code" to see if could see anything out and they seemed to be OK. I also checked to insure the tip wasn't dragging and sometimes it did. I would correct it and again with the step. I took a new job and came back to it about a month later to find that a Y axis controller card was dead, which torchmate replaced. The problem has gotten worse with every cut ending progressively further out. I have not rewritten program (simple as it is) so I can determine what is the problem and prevent it from coming back. the problem is I don't know were to go from here. I have tried cutting this about a dozen times trying different things to correct it and it only gets worse. If you have any ideas, any help would be appreciated. I have attached the file.

Thank you,

Russ

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

fergy
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Torchmate 4x4 growth-losing position

Post by fergy »

check belt tensions and gear grub screws if you have them
The Steel Silhouette
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

I have marked both the pulleys and shafts on both the drive motor and the feed screws and those haven't moved,but I have not checked whether the drive belts are slipping.
I'll check that next.
Thank you,

Russ
The Steel Silhouette
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

I have verified that the drive belts are not slipping and contacted Tech Support. This one seems to have them stumped. Posted a video on my FaceBook page (The Steel Silhouette) showing what happens.

I appreciate yalls help.

Thank you,

Russ
The Steel Silhouette
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Finally talked to a senior tech at Torchmate and after adjusting the current on the driver cards. Success.

Thank you,

Russ

Return to “Torchmate Forum”